Tomorrow People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomorrow People

Does anyone remember the tomorrow people and is it out on DVD my first intro to sci-fi - I think it used to be on after or before Magpie

Re: Tomorrow People

Its mentioned on quite a few threads here at DYR

but here you go
    Amazon.co.uk: The Tomorrow People - The Complete Series: The Tomorrow People: DVD
    Heather

Comment

HI - new to this - but I do remember the Tomorrow People and I have a few DVDs of it - you can get all the series now on dvd - sorry to say it seems a bit lamer now than it used to be - couldn't awit to get home from school to watch it!! I got my DVD's from Woolworth's! would enlighten you as to the producer but a friend has them!! Hope this helps!!

Comment

This is quite an old thread but I got to wondering if people wanted to discuss the series in more depth. The episodes have all been out on DVD for sometime now and 'Big Finish' have continued the series on a number of audio CDs, many of which are very good.

The Tomorrow People, (like Doctor Who, Lost in Space, Ace of Wands and may others) was such an important part of my growing up, and meant a great deal to me.

I especially recall identifying with the character of Stephen Jameson, who would have been around my age. I really got involved in the stories and when I went to bed at night, I would imagine what it might be like to be able to 'jaunt' or have telepathic and telekinetic powers. And wow, to have a secret underground base!

Yeah, I know some of the episodes had quite dodgy production values when looked at today, but at the time, stories like 'The Blues and the Greens' and 'One Law' were just mesmorising.

To cap it all, in the mid seventies, Nicholas Young and Elizabeth Adare, came to open our school fete!!

Does the series have a special place in the hearts of anyone on the forum? Do you have particular memories of specific episodes? Did you identify with any of the characters?

....................am I flogging a dead thread?

Comment

I remember the one with Nicholas Lyndhurst (Rodney from Only Fools) which involved WW2 German 'survivors'?

aah just HAD to Google it..it was 'Hitler's last Secret', aired 5 & 12 June 1978

Dave
          sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

I recall an episode which had something/people under ground in the woods,sound familiar? Quite creepy when you are very young.
            "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

Originally posted by frame View Post
              I recall an episode which had something/people under ground in the woods,sound familiar? Quite creepy when you are very young.
              I think that may be the one that rossobantam mentions in the post above yours. Will have to get the DVDs out.

Comment

Loved this as a Kid and iT is still as good as it was all those years ago as I bought the complete series too
                DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

Giving an old thread a boost. Well, I did love the series.

Comment

This was my all time favorite show as a kid me and my mates would all rush home to watch it then afterwards be out on the street talking about and re enacting the latest episode just hearing the theme tune brings back great memories but after watching clips on youtube it hasent aged well mainly due to the dated special affects

Comment

Yes, the special effects don't look too good these days. But the series still has a charm. Like you, I would rush home to watch it. Listening to the DVD commentaries is very enlightening.

Comment

Working...
                      X