Programmes for Schools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Programmes for Schools

Anyone remember Look and Read and the like?

My brother is 9 years younger than me and it was weird when he came home saying that his class was doing "Dark Towers" and being able to remember Derek Griffiths singing the feem toon... The weirdest one by far had to be The Boy from Space where he spoke backwards all the time, that was so bizarre.

Also, whilst I'm on the subject, was anyone else ever scared of Duncan the Dragon from You and Me, or was I just a complete wuss? No, wait, don't answer that one.

My favourite look and read was ' through the dragon's eye'. I remember it clearly from school and was lucky enough to tape it when it was shown on CBBC back in may.

Comment

OMFG ! Dark towers ! I thought there was like a secret cult of 4 people in the world who actually remembered that.

I also remember the one about a Perregrin Falcon and of course The Boy From Space. How could you forget these mad and haunting mini programmes fronted by a floating orange, half human half keyboard, presenter named Wordy lol !

Good stuff :-)

Comment

I used to watch zig zag in school

Comment

http://www.lookandread.fsnet.co.uk/stories/index.html

Big Look and read resource with all the story lines and screen caps.

Comment

Re: Programmes for Schools

Originally posted by Pootle View Post
            Also, whilst I'm on the subject, was anyone else ever scared of Duncan the Dragon from You and Me, or was I just a complete wuss? No, wait, don't answer that one.
            I was scared s**tless of Duncan the Dragon too - he had big white teeth and they used to clack together when his jaw open and closed. I've been looking for pictures of him for years on the web but can't find a single one - don't suppose anyone has any of him?

I'd probably laugh my head off at it if I saw him today - I make no appologies, I was a 'sensetive' child! (wuss)

Comment

Working...
            X