Need help with 90's puppet show!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need help with 90's puppet show!

definitely not Eureekas castle. hope was a real girl,not a puppet. the theme music was creepy-i think organ music.

Comment

have you found out what the show was called yet?? i too have the same memories of this setting!

Comment

sounds like groundling marsh, but they weren't really mice. here's a link YouTube - Groundling Marsh - Intro

Comment

Thanks everyone for trying to find the right show. But none of these is the right one.

All these shows are very child-friendly with characters with big smiles and have a colourful palette of bright happy colours.

The show I remember, was dark, brown and greys. The rodent like animals were technically puppets (perhaps animatronic) but they were semi-realistic. No over-the-top smiles or anything like that.

In hind sight, its the memory of it being so dark that comes of as surprising. I saw it on our local "Kids TV" show, I am 24 now, and I must have been around 8-10 then. So let's say 15 years ago. That brings it to circa 1994.

Anybody else have an idea?

Comment

worth looking at a (different) Grady Greenspace link? (just to be sure) :
            http://carasek.250free.com/grady.html

Dave
            sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

I can help but need the following info from someone:

1.On what channel was it shown?
              2.Roughly what month or season was it shown?
              3.Can you remember any shows that were shown either before or after?

Comment

Thanks all,

I think Dave (Rossobantam) found it! The previous person to mention Grady Greenspace only gave us a link of a single picture which didn't ring very many bells. However, the page Dave linked

The link Dave posted looks very similar to what I remember. I can't say 100% that's the show (as I was very young), but I can't imagine there were many shows that were so similiar to that one. The colours used, the look of the puppets, the water in the horizon, they all remind me strongly of the program I remember.

Thank you everyone for the research!

It seems lots of other people on the internet also have memories of Grady Greenspace (I must admit the name doesnt ring a bell at all), and I have not been able to find a video. What I would just to hear the introduction music again hehe.

Comment

thanks must go to Danny, as it was his suggestion

I merely did a bit more digging & found the extra info, but he pointed us in the right direction

Dave
                  sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

I believe the tv show you may be talking about (i was bugged with the same question and finally found it on the net) its where there is a fox and chicken (wife) who loves cooking popcorn and they live in a lagoon with a swamp with an egg on the windowsill! The show was called Chicken Minute - i'm so relieved after finding it out, hope its what you thought of, let me know and thanks.

Comment

"Tales of the Enchanted Forest" maybe?

Comment

Found this website while trying to find out the name of what turned out to be The Adventures of Grady Greenspace, so cheers for solving that mystery.

Thought some people may be interested in these videos that I found on a fangroup on facebook. They're the from the French series, so not in English and they don't have the same creepy music that the UK version had. Ours was definitely a lot more sinister than this version! Still, it's worth a watch for old times sake. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWv8T261Q6s&NR=1
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1PPx...eature=related

Comment

Working...
                        X