Need help with 90's puppet show!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with 90's puppet show!

I really hope i havn't imagined this but i'm trying to remember the name of a very old children's tv program which was around in the 90's around tea time.

It was about these rats living in a misty, swamp-like forest area. I remember there also being a scary wolf, and the opening intro featured a windmill in the background. I'm pretty sure they were all puppets as well.

I remember it being quite scary considering it was a children's tv program but please help me remember the name!

Re: Need help with 90's puppet show!

Can't be all that old if it was from the '90s. Or was it a repeat of an older show? Gerry Anderson's Lavender Castle came to mind, for some reason but that sounds a bit more fantastical than what you described.

Comment

You did not imagine it! I remember it too, but alas I too cannot remember the name. I've been scouring the net for it, but can't find anything.

It was rather dark considering it was a kids tv show. I remember the rats in the swampy mist, and I recall the music was very "unique". Please somebody help us!

Comment

I also remember this, but can't remember what it was called. I agree with Gage47 on how dark it was considering it was supposed to be for kids.

Comment

Owls in it as well?
          Big dark tower?

Comment

Come on somebody must remember!!

This is killing me

Comment

Grady Greenspace?

Comment

Sorry
                meant to put this link in as well

Bring Back Grady Greenspace :: Main Page

Comment

Hi guys, thanks for all your help so far - i don't remember there being any owls in it though, or a dark tower - it was set pretty much in a swamp surrounded by a forest.

I've asked a few of my friends about it, one of whom said he remembers the wolf frequently cooking from a cauldron, and threatening to cook the rats in it.

I don't know whether this helps but i'm glad i haven't imagined it!!!

Comment

I also remember the rats were always half inside their burrows. And they would peek out and talk and then go back in times of danger. The swamp/forest was quite realistic looking. The music was unusual, but it made the show stand out in my opinion.

Amy-x, check out the Grady Greenspace link, does that one picture ring a bell for you? Somehow the name Grady Greenspace doesn't resonate with me. I just know if I saw/heard the name I would instantly remember it was right.

I also remember the main rat being quite a dark shade of brown.

Comment

I think there was an episode of Round the Bend which followed the misfortunes of the rats after they were sacked by Doc Crock for being useless, it's not something to do with this is it?

Comment

It's definitely not Grady Greenspace. The rats were far more dark looking and the general show was quite sinister.

I've also remembered that when the wolf was near, the music would become very scary and you would see the wolf's shadow on the side of a tree.

I'm sorry i can't be more specific, it's just glimpes of the show that i remember.

Thanks for helping so far!

Comment

Right then, sorry but I didn't notice the mention a wolf in your first queries so maybe you thinking of the cartoon series of Legend of Zelda? early 90's on telly.

That had rats and a wolf and they were always going from swamps to forests
                          Last edited by Danny; 13-10-2008, 14:39. Reason: mis-spelling

Comment

i remember this show too. ive been thinking of this forever-im only 23 and i always watched it.
                            I hope we are talking about the same show. it sounds like it.

I remember there was a girl named Hope in a white dress with long blonde hair. she lived in the forest with her animal friends.

i know there was a castle with a witch and her evil pet.

someone told me it was called Happy Castle but i know its not right. its a kids show but i know it wasn't animated like a cartoon. plz help!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Any closer??

Eureekas Castle??

Eureeka's Castle | TV Show

Comment

Working...
                              X