Cult classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cult classic

I think one of the best movies that came out of the 70's was The Rocky Horror Picture show. Mind you I was still too young to see it when it first came out I was curious when I saw the LP in the department stores. What do you guys think?

Saw it on stage once, audience participation was encouraged ( to a degree ) .
    Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

Originally posted by Aidan
      Saw it on stage once, audience participation was encouraged ( to a degree ) .
      I have never had the chance to see it on the stage. Was Tim curry in it. I have seen it at the movie theater a couple times. I love doing the audience particpation. That was soo much fun. I went as Eddie and another time I went as riff Raff. Who did you go as?

Comment

I didn't leave my house intending to "be" anyone but was conscripted into doing the Timewarp.

Comment

I didn't leave my house intending to "be" anyone but was conscripted into doing the Timewarp.
          Lol Just step to the right. lol. Its even more fun when you go dressed up as a character. If you could go. Who would you go as then.

Comment

No real preference, I'd pick a name from the hat.

Comment

No real preference, I'd pick a name from the hat.
              The one I want to go as is frank 'n furter. He is such a fun character to go as.

Comment

It was a stage musical first, with the Rocky Horror Picture Show coming later.. still a classic, and still regularly on in London. Last time I saw it, Anthony Head (Giles in Buffy) was playing frank'n'furter.

Extra trivia: The original musical was written by Richard O'Brien, best known in the UK as the maniac bald presenter of The Crystal Maze.. He also played Riff Raff in the cinema version..

Comment

Originally posted by lionelvy
                  It was a stage musical first, with the Rocky Horror Picture Show coming later.. still a classic, and still regularly on in London. Last time I saw it, Anthony Head (Giles in Buffy) was playing frank'n'furter.

Extra trivia: The original musical was written by Richard O'Brien, best known in the UK as the maniac bald presenter of The Crystal Maze.. He also played Riff Raff in the cinema version..
                  I would have loved to see it on the stage. Too bad tim curry got tired of playing frank'n furter night after night. Well at least it isn't too far of a jump for anthony head. lol. Its kinda hard to beat tim when it came to frank 'n' furter. I sure he did a real good job though.

Comment

Re: Cult classic

The Purbeck film festival put on an open air showing of the film in the keep at Corfe Castle.
                    Brilliant setting, just wish they'd do it again.

Comment

Working...
                    X