Granny's Garden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Granny's Garden

Does anybody remember playing an educational game in school called Granny's Garden? I have memories of playing this on our classroom computer in primary school during the very early 90's. I don't actually remember too much about the game itself other than it required you to collect items by way of working out puzzles. I just looked it up on Wikipedia and found out that is was created back in 1983 and is still being used in schools today. The one thing that sticks out in my mind about Granny’s Garden is the image below:

I hated that witch! So has anybody else played this?

Re: Granny's Garden

I don't remember Granny's Garden but I remember a very similar game called "Spooky Towers", probably around the same time (late 80's early 90's). It was on one of the old "Acorn" computers and it was on a really big thin brown disk. Can't find any info of this on the net tho.
    sigpic

For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people

Comment

There's an updated Granny's Garden available but you can also still buy the original 'retro' version - Retro Granny's Garden . You don't even need to dig out that old BBC Micro from the attic to use it (although I suspect, it'd be more fun that way and you could have a go of Elite, Frak, Exdous and Acornsoft's superb Defender clone - Planetoids while you're at it).

Comment

I was a very, very little girl when my dad got this game for our 1st computer and the witch scared me so much that I couldn't even sleep at nights and lay awake crying over it - I must have been really bad because dad eventually actually destroyed the tape in front of me so I could see that she was gone forever!!

It's one of my earliest memories so quite vague, and I'd always wondered what the game was - only found out it was called Granny's Garden last year after doing some googling! Don't remember using it at school at all.

Comment

I used to spend hours at school playing this on the BBC, loved every moment of it

Comment

I remember this game! Infact I was talking about it today!!!

Comment

The name has double entendre written all over it

Comment

Working...
              X