Tv series-Gymnasts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tv series-Gymnasts

I wanted to know if anyone else remembers a series on BBC1 about gymnasts? It had Kraftwerk's song Autobahn as the theme tune - seem to remember someone on a motorcycle and the usual crime prevention theme - could be wrong - was contemporary with the Tomorrow people - been in my head for ages and no one I know can remember! Thanks.
    Last edited by Heather74; 19-09-2008, 13:59.

Re: Tv series-Gymnasts

I very dimly remember this one as well... for some reason I think a few of them had Welsh accents.

Not much help I know but it's a start !

Comment

There was a series called Gymnasts in 1974, but there is very little information about it. I think it was more a documentary type series than a drama/story type though.

Last edited by Heather74; 22-09-2008, 14:54.
      Heather

Comment

Sure it was a series? For some reason, I have a nagging feeling this may have been an episode of Dramarama-the motorcyclist and the Welsh accents sound familiar...

Comment

Think that's maybe the one Huggie, it shows it was made by BBC Bristol so was filmed fairly close to Wales which could explain the accents I remember

Comment

Well, Autobahn was also released in 1974, so that would tie -in too

Comment

Originally posted by googeju View Post
              I wanted to know if anyone else remembers a series on BBC1 about school of gymnasts? It had Kraftwerk's song Autobahn as the theme tune - seem to remember someone on a motorcycle and the usual crime prevention theme - could be wrong - was contemporary with the Tomorrow people - been in my head for ages and no one I know can remember! Thanks.
              It was called Out of Bounds (1977, I think). It was the first time I heard Kraftwerk's music.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0186768/plotsummary
              Last edited by Heather74; 14-11-2008, 20:33. Reason: Adding a link.

Comment

Working...
              X