No announcement yet.

my first concert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'The Men They Couldn't Hang' at Subterrania, I think. The first 'big' band I saw were 'The Wonder Stuff' at Brixton Academy. What an excellent night.
    Cheers

Armchair

Comment

Hi mates!!!!

Armchair, saw the Stuffies at Reading Fesival 1992 along with Nirvana, Teenage Fanclub, Eugenius, Public Enemy, Nick Cave, P.I.L. Mudhoney, L7 and many others..was fantastic..listened to 'the Eight Legged Groove Machine' the other day..still brilliant..loved and went to see many bands in the 80's and early 1990's in Edinburgh and Glasgow..loved Pop Will Eat Itself, Gaye Bykers On Acid, Zodiac Mindwarp, Neds Atomic Dustbin, Janes Addiction, Mega City 4, husker Du and most 1977 Punk Rock, 80's U.K. Goth and lots of rock and metal too..lol.. love music..just dont get to as many gigs as id like these days!!!

On Sunday went to the Punk at the Academy Gig in Glasgow while at Tracys (my fiance lives and works in Glasgow which is well handy!!) and saw some Punk Legends, some for the first time others not and most of the crowd were the wrong side of 40..lol.. it was for the 30th Anniversary of Punk Rock..good line up as it was a Clash Tribute Band, A Stiff Little Fingers Tribute Band, G.B.H., the Meteors, the Beat, the Damned and the Rezillos..fantastic evening..;0)

all the best...

Rab ;0)

Fife
      Scotland
      Last edited by OrangeCremolaFoam; 07-12-2006, 11:00.

Comment

Sound fun Rab mate, loved the Sex Pistols, Sham 69, the Jam way kool classy too, The Specials too

Comment

Hi Oggy...

I love the Jam, especially the early singles that were more Punk than mod..great Band..Saw the Sex Pistols when they reformed and had Stiff Little fingers supporting, they were probably more together than they would ever have been in the 1970's and were all the better for having Glen Matlock on bass..;0)

Sham 69 were a class act, i well remember them on Top Of the Pops and that cheeky Jimmy Pursey, 'Hello mum, guess whos on top of the pops again!' , 'Doint turn it off watch this!'.. Hersham Boys, Borstal Breakout,If The Kids Are United,angels with Dirty Faces..how I miss the days of Punk, was a bit too young too appreciate it first time round in 1976 but have caught up! lol.. Saw Blondie when they reformed too, one of my other favourite all time Bands....

The Specials..Coventrys Finest and one of the most Classic Ska and two tone Bands ever..(thats why I was so happy to see the Beat on sunday, who were superb!) along with Early Madness and the Selecter...liked Fun boy 3 with Terry Hall too!! clever man...I remember seeing the Specials on the Whistle Test..good memories..Music these days just doesnt seem to have the same appeal for me apart from a few Bands.. im also a big Go-Gos and Bangles fan, there were some good Bands in the 80's contrary to some peoples opinions!! Yazoo,Ultravox,Adam and The Ants, the Pogues, Early (and darker!) Human League, R.E.M. and many others.....

all the best...

Rab ;0)

Comment

the jam were apparently kicked out of a pub in farnborough because the landlord said they had so little talent they would never get far ....oh well

Comment

Wonder if he ate his hat, they were kool as a well kool, and Paul Weller still going strong, I know Bruce Foxton had a single out Freak, which was great but whatever happen to him and rick, was it?

Comment

Re: my first concert

The first band I saw live were Iron Maiden at the victoria Hall in Hanley, Stoke-on -Trent, and they were AWSOME dude's.

Comment

Re: my first concert

First concert was in Manchester in 1984?
                  the upport act was Status Quo and the main act was Queen
                  man I was on a high for years afterwards.

Comment

Working...
                  X