Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	260075

Comment

Re: Mettoy/Wembley Kites i

Wow! good to see the balloon one again in the flesh

Comment

Re: Mettoy/Wembley Kites i

Originally posted by deansmith1967 View Post
        I had a sky diver one!! there was also a witch and a spaceman design too. mine crashed into a fence on the first day i had it!! (1976)

Which book did you scan from?.... I am looking for this book.

Comment

Re: Mettoy/Wembley Kites

I had the helicopter, flew it everyday, been looking for one just for a trip down memory lane, with my grandson

Comment

I had the hawk kite shown in the picture. Lasted for several years before the string got badly tangled. Totally forgot about it until I saw the photo. Good clean fun. Don't see many kids with kites these days.

Comment

I had the Wembley Barnstormer Stunt Kite as a kid, that thing was magical!

Great seeing those pictures of the other kites, I remember seeing them for sale at Holiday Camp shops when I was a kid, I seem to remember buying the Spider-man one and also a similar Batman one to fly on holiday on the beach.

I have a cheap stunt kite now too which i'll fly with my sons when they are older.

Comment

I never had any Kites that had a name like Wembley, but sure as night ollows day having Kites was an immense source of enjoyment as a a kid (when I had my Kite phase) and like a "Letter In a Bottle", I always dreamed (or should that be "dare to dream") of my Kite reaching far shores (and recieving a note as toa ckowledge it got there)

For many years too before FB etc etc took over the 'net I was a member of long standing Kite Forum portraying my memories of Kites of every size (again I must re-check out that Forum0, but sadly upon last checking in it was heading towards defunct-status, no thanks to FB etc etc!1

80sChav

Comment

If anyone is interested I have a brand new unopened mettoy red arrows kite for sale please contact me justinmarks341@gmail.com thankyou

Comment

I was an avid Kite flier in my youth in the 70s
                    i had the Spider-Man pocket kite, a brilliant flier for such a small kite . Spideys legs would flap in the breeze
                    the barnstormer was for me disappointing , then I drew all my money out the bank and bought a Peter Powell
                    finally upgrading to a Dunford Flying machine ...fabulous kite and the smaller version is still available

Comment

Working...
                    X