Thread: 1980s BBC kids Christmas series...

Default 1980s BBC kids Christmas series...

Anyone remember a show in the mid/late 80s on Childrens BBC about a boy who lived with his old aunty/grandmother.

I think the boy's name was Tully or Tunny and as far as I could remember he had one of those whispy/dark teenage bumfluff moustaches.

It was broadcast around Christmas time, a year or two after Box of Delights - I think it was one of the BBCs flagship kids' Christmas programmes that ran one-a-week upto Christmas.

I didn't actually like the programme when I was a kid but I wouldn't mind seeing it again in the run up to Christmas like I did with Box of Delights last year - somnething about those old BBC kids Christmas shows that bring the magic back to Christmas...

MysteryMachine Guest

Default Re: 1980s BBC kids Christmas series...

That sounds a lot like The Children of Green Knowe to me...it was Tolly, close!

Little Gems - The Children of Green Knowe - Lucy M. Boston

Thats it! Cheers for that

Seems he didn't have a whispy 'tache but he did have a long drop from his nose to his mouth - wierd the stuff you focus on as a kid.

So was it any good? Is it worth getting the DVD for the run up to Christmas??

The Children of Green Knowe was an awesome TV show. And yes... Tolly or "Towsland" was the boys name. 6 episodes I think. He lived with his granny and it was set around Christmas time. Had 3 ghosts in it. Great TV show.

Can anyone remember a Christmas series about a boy with a magical box? Might be the one you have described. I vaguley remember "the tinderbox" ???? Would love to figure this memory out.

Last edited by Heather74; 07-11-2008 at 11:08.

sf1378 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LizChrisB View Post
    The Children of Green Knowe was an awesome TV show. And yes... Tolly or "Towsland" was the boys name. 6 episodes I think. He lived with his granny and it was set around Christmas time. Had 3 ghosts in it. Great TV show.

Can anyone remember a Christmas series about a boy with a magical box? Might be the one you have described. I vaguley remember "the tinderbox" ???? Would love to figure this memory out.

The Box Of Delights?

I already said that above

are there any of those christmas shows on dvd for purchase?!? I love the old shows we had growing up, they will forever be classics to me, none of this new stuff they have for kids really compares much!