Robotics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robotics

What was the difference between Body Popping and Robotic dancing, I did a little of Robotic dance from 1983-84, rembember Tic and Toc?

You usually saw a combo of body popping and the robot back in the day...early to mid 80's...i think it is just what it says..the robot is calculated stiff moves whereas body popping or "pop and lock" was more loose and wild lol
    I'd rather hear the bad truth than a good lie

Comment

Re: Robotics, Robot dancing.

I did ROBOT DANCING throughout the 80's and even did it on stage at BAILEYS NIGHTCLUB LEICESTER, I still have the competition form - I didn't win naff all, but I did do it again in a seedy backstreet club called SPOOKS and also dressed up in a camo outfit and a mask, I came second place - won a packet of "Fags" (Don't smoke)and a £5, but it was the early 1980's.
      The "Robotic Dance Competition" was a close one, the geezer who won, everyone knew him, and he had a spot on outfit and makeup like TOK from TIK & TOK.
      I based my style on GARY MASON of SPONOOCH(ex HOT GOSSIP)his technique was truly magnificent & I have yet to see a better, and spookier Robot dance, sadly he has disappeared of the face of the planet...unless you know better....
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Gary Mason(Mime).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	258889
      My performance - not at the club - but filmed by my Mum (RIP) bless her -
      it is on my YOUTUBE
      ...here's the link if you wanna see it....
      YouTube - Take The Drugz
      sigpic
      Don't worry Cheryl....
      I'll catch you if you slip!

Comment

Re: Robotics

Very impressive TS!
        sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Originally posted by rossobantam View Post
          Very impressive TS!

Thankyou
          sigpic
          Don't worry Cheryl....
          I'll catch you if you slip!

Comment

Ahhh robotic dancing. Who didn't try (and fail) to give it a go. It seems a bit daft watching it now though. I assume body popping was smoother, like when you'd hold hands in a line and do the wiggly connected arm thing
            1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by childofthe80's View Post
              the robot is calculated stiff moves whereas body popping or "pop and lock" was more loose and wild lol
              I know this post is from ages ago, But just to set the record straight.
              Popping & locking are two different things, you will see combinations, but they are seperate dance styles.
              Last edited by DemonEyeX; 11-05-2012, 20:41. Reason: Spelling correction.

Comment

Working...
              X