Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A real long shot

Can anyone help me with this?
    I'm trying to find out the name of a cartoon I watched as a child. It was a one off cartoon not a series and the main character was a boy who ended up working for a wizard in his castle. There were two black cat statues at the entrance to the castle and the boy had to keep walking past them carrying a cauldron on his head or something. Then at the end he discovers the wizard's spell book and the wizard finds him with it. They transform into spiders or something but I can't remember how it ends.
    I think it is a rather obscure cartoon that my Dad once taped (on good old BetaMax) off the telly. I don't know what nationality it is because I don't think there was any speech. The animation was also quite stilted I seem to recall. Can anyone help? This has annoyed the hell out of me for years!

Re: A real long shot

Hi, unfortunately I've not yet found this cartoon, but while I was looking I came across this post on a forum:-

"My friends and I remember a short film, that we saw in the '70s or '80s, with a small boy who goes with a wizard to his castle. Why we don't remember.
    The wizard is tall and thin wearing a starry pointed hat.
    The castle is shaped like a pointed mushroom, with two small towers coming out of it sideways. The stairs that led to it, were actually an escalator,
    with two lion statues at the midway point, that turn and look at the boy as he passes.
    The boy watched through a window as each of the Seasons came and played in the wizards garden. Each of the seasons paid their respects to the wizard.
    Summer was a figure with the sun for a head, Fall was a young girl with a cloak of fallen leaves she would drape over the land. I think winter was a Jack Frost elf type who danced on the walls draping the fallen leaves with snow."

Could you be looking for the same cartoon?? if so this post might help jog other people memories as it contains additional information.
    Last edited by Heather74; 21-10-2008, 17:19.
    Heather

Comment

Working...
    X