The day that's in it Princess Diana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The day that's in it Princess Diana

Came Home after a night out, put on the TV and not long after there was the news flash
    saying that Diana the Princess of wales had Died, Phoned My Mum n Dad cause they were
    still up
    I was never really into the royals, But I remember being saddened cause I did Like Diana, as did most of the country

Such a shame :cry:
    DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

Yeah 14 year's since when I found out that Sunday Morning was a mega mega massive shock. I remember going to the Coast the day (the Monday) after and all the Radio Stations (what could be picked up anyway!) were playing sad sad song's and it was all very very sombe obviously, Very sad - still seem's like Yesterday.

Comment

I remember sitting on my bed drawing and stuff, when I heard on the radio that she had been in a car crash and Dodi was dead - if I remember correctly early reports were that she was only slightly injured. Next morning my sister woke me up to tell me she had died. To be honest, although it was sad someone had died, I wasnt that bothered. Its only with maturing and hindsight of her humanitarian work that I realise it was a great loss.

Comment

You've just jogged my memory PxlBld, Yes you are right, it was Dodi that died straight off
          and Diana was badly injured

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL1IJ-17H08
          DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

I must admit that although it was a shock, I wasn't really bothered either. I was staying for a few days with a hoity toity aunt (against my will) at the time of the funeral. My aunt always was a difficult woman and I was deliberately rebelling. She simply loved the royals and all things posh and la di da (think Hyacinth Bouquet). The polar opposite of me, so she nearly burst a blood vessel when I refused to watch the funeral and said I couldn't care less.
            1976 Vintage

Comment

Imo i think The queen killed princess di funny how the guard surived though how strange i still miss diana

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

Re: The day that's in it...

I had a day off as did my ex wife. I can remember buying some cigs in a local shop and hearing people talk about the event. I thought at first they were joking around. It wasn't till I got home and turned on the telly we realized it had actually happened and Diana was indeed dead. We later went up a mates and during a conversation mentioned the fact. Likewise he did not believe us either. We seemed to spend the best part of the day in his house watching the news reports with him and his wife before heading out for a heavy drinking session later in the evening. It did come as a bit of a shock but like most people we felt it more on the day Diana was buried mostly I feel to all the hype and news coverage of the events.

Comment

I happened to be listening to Five Live on my clock radio, and so I was probably one of the first to hear the news. Mind you, I had previously been asleep as most other people would have been at that time, and so it would have taken a bit of time to digest and understand what was actually happening.
                  I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                  There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                  I'm having so much fun
                  My lucky number's one
                  Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

On that morning I had woken early & switched on the radio. I heard the news in shock; so I turned on the TV to see it
                    sigpic
                    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I was awoken by a phone call. It was a cousin of mine who said,
                      "have you heard about the death in the Royal Family?"
                      My first thought was the Queen mother, as she was nearing a century. Then I was told the shocking news.

Comment

Working...
                      X