Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The day that's in it Princess Diana

Default The day that's in it Princess Diana

...who remembers exactly where they were/ what they were doing when they heard Diana died ?

i remember exactly i was in torremolinos with my sister and we were walking to the pool and everyone was saying dianas died, so we went to buy the paper but nothing was in there so i rang my mum and she told me it was true.
    No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

i was sitting in the front room with a huge hangover,when i heard it on the news it sobered me right up!

I was sitting watching t.v and they broke into the program (forgot which one) I cried that day
    I'd rather hear the bad truth than a good lie

i had just arrived home from a nightclub the night it happened and i put the TV on and every channel had the tunnel and the crash on....I tried to watch it for as long as possible as they were operating on Diana, i eventually fell asleep and woke later in the morning thinking it was a horrible dream....
    Definition of a Transvestite: A guy who likes to eat, drink and be Mary! .

I was in a supermarket at about midday 31.8.97 , I met a then-neighbour who casually mentioned : "oh yeah, Diana died."
    me - "Diana who ?"
    him - "Princess Di. "
    He told me what had happened, I ran home, switched on the tv & there it was. The girl reading the news was crying. Sad times.

i'd just gotten up and decided to check out the news channel for some reason, maybe was just flicking through, when i saw that she'd died.....i was shocked and stunned. Then my mum got up and when i told her at first she thought i was joking till she saw the news too. We couldnt belive it.
    Calcifer: "Here's another curse for you - may all your bacon burn."

I was in canada when i heard she died. was still up on a pish up when it just came on tv. was really shocked when i found it and it took a while to sink in

foxyminx Guest

I was sat listening to the uk top 40 chart and the news came on and said that they are going to be flying Diana`s body back to uk. I thought Diana`s body??WHAT!? No way! I just couldn`t believe it, so I put the tv on and found out it was true. DEEP SHOCK. I cried. The tv stayed on for weeks afterwards watching it all. So sad. A waste. She was a beautiful woman. Still makes me cry to think of what happened.
    Last edited by foxyminx; 28-03-2006 at 08:09. Reason: spelling mistake

I was in bed with a hangover listening to my boyfriend downstairs getting ready to go to play football. I remember him running up the stairs to tell me because he'd put the news on and being in total shock. What a horrible day - the radio stations only played classical music and when I went out to get the papers there was nobody around, it was really eerie and a day I'll never forget.