The day that's in it Princess Diana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The day that's in it Princess Diana

...who remembers exactly where they were/ what they were doing when they heard Diana died ?
    Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

i remember exactly i was in torremolinos with my sister and we were walking to the pool and everyone was saying dianas died, so we went to buy the paper but nothing was in there so i rang my mum and she told me it was true.
    No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

i was sitting in the front room with a huge hangover,when i heard it on the news it sobered me right up!

Comment

I was sitting watching t.v and they broke into the program (forgot which one) I cried that day
        I'd rather hear the bad truth than a good lie

Comment

i had just arrived home from a nightclub the night it happened and i put the TV on and every channel had the tunnel and the crash on....I tried to watch it for as long as possible as they were operating on Diana, i eventually fell asleep and woke later in the morning thinking it was a horrible dream....
          Definition of a Transvestite: A guy who likes to eat, drink and be Mary! .

Comment

I was in a supermarket at about midday 31.8.97 , I met a then-neighbour who casually mentioned : "oh yeah, Diana died."
            me - "Diana who ?"
            him - "Princess Di. "
            He told me what had happened, I ran home, switched on the tv & there it was. The girl reading the news was crying. Sad times.
            Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

i'd just gotten up and decided to check out the news channel for some reason, maybe was just flicking through, when i saw that she'd died.....i was shocked and stunned. Then my mum got up and when i told her at first she thought i was joking till she saw the news too. We couldnt belive it.
              Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

Comment

I was in canada when i heard she died. was still up on a pish up when it just came on tv. was really shocked when i found it and it took a while to sink in

Comment

I was sat listening to the uk top 40 chart and the news came on and said that they are going to be flying Diana`s body back to uk. I thought Diana`s body??WHAT!? No way! I just couldn`t believe it, so I put the tv on and found out it was true. DEEP SHOCK. I cried. The tv stayed on for weeks afterwards watching it all. So sad. A waste. She was a beautiful woman. Still makes me cry to think of what happened.
                  Last edited by foxyminx; 28-03-2006, 08:09. Reason: spelling mistake

Comment

I was in bed with a hangover listening to my boyfriend downstairs getting ready to go to play football. I remember him running up the stairs to tell me because he'd put the news on and being in total shock. What a horrible day - the radio stations only played classical music and when I went out to get the papers there was nobody around, it was really eerie and a day I'll never forget.

Comment

I was listening to Talk Radio (now Talksport) and I heard Ian Collins announce it not long after it happened. I was half asleep and didn't think that I'd heard it properly, thought I'd imagined it. Then Ian (quite rightly) immediately changed the content of the show from one that was usually light-hearted and very funny to a show full of tributes and listeners memories etc. The more I listened, the more it sunk in, I was very upset and can remember crying as I lay in bed.

Comment

i remebr watching it news early in the morning

Comment

I was watching some old B movie (peter cushing in it- not sure- drunk) at about 1.30am when the first news flash came thru.

I was with my new flatmate, and we had been out with my mates to the boozer.

I remember them saying that Dodi Fayed had died, and so I kinda knew it was bad. Got up later that morning (not with the flatmate) to hear that Diana didn't make it.

Me and the flatmate got together the following year and have now been married for nearly 4 years, and we always remember that night around the end of August 97 - 9 years ago almost.

The event didn't really get to me too much, until i saw the 'mummy' reeth- very upsetting.

John
                          Cult DVD movies, DVD TV programmes and T Shirts.

Comment

I must admit I didn't care much for the fluttery eyelashed drain on the economy.

When I found out that she had died, My mum came into my room with tears in her eyes and said that Di had died. I looked up, said "And?" and rolled over and went back to sleep.

Sorry if it sounds callous, but I really have no time whatsoever for the royals. They provide tourism for the country... so freaking what!

Comment

I remember turning the tv on in the early morning after the crash, in order to check the weather on the text as we were travelling to France for a holiday that day. I still rememberthe sense of shock and my wifes disbelief when I woke her up to tell her.
                              I watched the funeral on French tv in a bar and was touched by the sympathetic reaction of the locals, I still have a copy of 'Paris Match' magazine covering the funeral.

Comment

Working...
                              X