80's Comedy ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80's Comedy ?

can anyone help me remember the name of i think an 80's comedy, it included a couple of couples that had dinner at each other's houses. It was a really stupid humour, but used to make me really laugh out loud.... they locked each other in cupboards etc etc..... sorry i'm being so vague, prob never find the answer!!!
    thanks
    Sarah
    Last edited by Heather74; 09-11-2008, 23:33.

Re: 80's Comedy ?

got it, thanks it was 90's and called joking apart.

Comment

Joking Apart is my all time favourite comedy/sitcom - written by Stephen Moffat (of Press Gang and latterly the modern Doctor Who). It's highly autobiographical then, as the writer of the comedy was splitting up with his wife, and the main character, a comedy writer, is splitting up with his wife.

Hilarious, and also tinged with sadness - starred Robert Bathurst, Fiona Gillies, Tracey Bennet and other faces you'll no doubt recognise.

Well worth checking out, both series...

Comment

What was that one where they all hated black people? Some Mothers Do Have Them or something? They guy liked West Ham.

Comment

You are thinking of In Sickness & In Health, which was a followup to Till Death Do Us Part.

Ironically the 1980s was a decade Alf Garnett Shouldn't have had so much to complain about, but managed to find enough!
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
            You are thinking of In Sickness & In Health, which was a followup to Till Death Do Us Part.

Ironically the 1980s was a decade Alf Garnett Shouldn't have had so much to complain about, but managed to find enough!
            He was a horrible man would not get away with it today

Comment

Originally posted by deeks View Post
              Joking Apart is my all time favourite comedy/sitcom - written by Stephen Moffat (of Press Gang and latterly the modern Doctor Who). It's highly autobiographical then, as the writer of the comedy was splitting up with his wife, and the main character, a comedy writer, is splitting up with his wife..
              I remember it. Each episode was bookended by his stand up co0medy routine, with the jokes based on his experiences in the story. Sort of like Seinfeld, only funny.

Comment

I remember Joking Apart being on but hardly ever watch it, I tihnk used to be on when something else way.

Seinfeld was a bit like that too, the writers of Father Ted & The IT Crowd say is was an influence on them.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I remember Joking Apart - or at least I think I do - had 'a fool if you think it's over' as its theme?

Comment

Originally posted by peterjim View Post
                    I remember Joking Apart - or at least I think I do - had 'a fool if you think it's over' as its theme?
                    Yep, thats the one...

Comment

Joking Apart is from the 90s. It's available on DVD here: http://www.replaydvd.co.uk/index.html

Comment

Working...
                      X