Help with finding a tv cartoon feature length from the 80's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with finding a tv cartoon feature length from the 80's

Am trying to find a tv feature length film, hoping to buy it on dvd, Its about a group of foxes, the mum and dad head off to the local chicken farm but nick, one of the cubs, wants to goo. No they say, go to sleep. But he follows them. The farm is run by farmer evans and his wife. On his way back from getting the turkey for crimbo, nick named gobble gobble, it falls off the truck and breaks the wooden cage, nick then comes across the turkey and tries to catch it but the turkey plays with him as he still too young. (with a quote at this part of 'what the gobble am I doing here')

They end up at the farm, and mum, dad and cub end up trapped in the barn, about to be shot, when the turkey saves them.

Ending shot, foxes go home with a chicken shot by the farmer, the farmer and wife are out in the snow looking for the turkey, the turkey is in the farm house warming by the fire.

Its set in wales and from the 80's I think.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by sixtyten; 11-11-2008, 14:37.

Re: Help with finding a tv cartoon feature length from the 80's

You may have seen a translated version

Geschichten vom Fuchs

Think UK version was called Fox Tales
    Attached Files

Comment

Deffo this one.. back cover (in German) mentions Wales,fox,Farmer Jones and "gabble Gabble"

Comment

Yes this is it! Thank you so much! Well, there goes any chance of getting it on dvd.

Comment

aren't childhood shows the greatest?!? Whatever happened to kids tv shows, they are so weird now... and just too computer animated for the most part!

Comment

Originally posted by felicitytigger View Post
            Yes this is it! Thank you so much! Well, there goes any chance of getting it on dvd.
            I too have been looking for this cartoon, it was shown only once and the whole family loved it. I kept it on video but it was accidentially wiped. Is there no chance of it being released or a copy being obtained?

Comment

Working...
            X