The best film of the 80s...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brucef
    Without a doubt the best film of the 1980s was Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Definitely. Without a shadow of a doubt. Or was it Ghostbusters? Actually, the Burbs was pretty good too...

So what WAS the best film of the 80s?
    Those are just a couple of the awesome movies that were released in the 80's.

there were so many in the 80s i cant even begin to list all the ones i love.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney
      Breakfast Club is my hands down favorite movie of the 80's. It's still in my top 100 favorite movies of all time.
      Mine too!

Comment

Can't forget Weird Science.. Damn funny movie

Comment

Anyone else like Who Framed Roger Rabbit? It was a fave of mine.

Comment

Yeah, quality film

Comment

The King Of Comedy gets my pick. I love Scorsese and this is one of his very best films, IMO. I enjoyed it more than Raging Bull, which also was released in the '80s.

Comment

I've just got to give Goodfella's a mention here after watching it again for the umpteenth time!
                TURN THOSE FROWNS RIGHT SIDE ROUND!

Comment

GHOST has my vote even if its just to spend a couple of hours crying...I always cry watching this film..like The Champ..a good cry makes you feel soooooo much better

Comment

Originally posted by brucef
                    Without a doubt the best film of the 1980s was Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Definitely. Without a shadow of a doubt. Or was it Ghostbusters? Actually, the Burbs was pretty good too...

So what WAS the best film of the 80s?
                    Very good film, Ferris Buellers Day Off. I used to have a mate at school who was the double of Mathew Broderick. Love the scene on the Carnival float, with him miming to the Beatles song. One of those feel good movies.

Comment

after reading ur thread the first came out in my head is this...

i think it was still the best film of the 80's
                      BRIAN JONES - this brilliant multi-talented musician who attempted, albeit unsuccessfully, to juggle drug use with his musical output, died under questionable circumstances on the...

Comment

There were some great films back then, always liked a good comedy!

My fav is probably 'The Lost Boys' though, never have been able to say 'Micheal' the same since! Lol

Comment

The Lost Boys was fantastic.
                          My favourite has to be Back To The Future, I remember my friend and I going to see that 6 times. We used to sit in the queue filling out the sticker albums

Comment

So many good movies, liked all the ones mentioned but i also thought of Aliens and The Evil Dead

Comment

Enjoyed The Tall Guy meself. Jeff Goldblum is the less famous half of a comedy act, the bullying Rowan Atkinson the other. Eventually Goldblum breaks free & outshines Atkinson. And gets the then ( late 80s ) very cute Emma Thompson.
                              Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

The brat pack movies were great although any film with Michael J Fox got my vote too!! What a guy!

Comment

Working...
                                X