No announcement yet.

school uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My primary school colours were red and grey, which I did not mind, but at secondary school it was a hideous purple and grey. I hated that colour, and still refuse to wear purple or mauve today!
    Old enough to know better...

Comment

My school unifirm was black - hence I can never wear it now.

Comment

Mine was blue

Comment

Navy skirt and blazer with pale blue shirt and navy tie - not forgetting the navy blur regulation knickers
          Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved and attractive body but rather a skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'Woo Hoo What a Ride

Comment

school uniform

my uniform was maroon and grey (yuk) at primary and equally as yukky-bottle green at secondary school,although in the last year or two it did change to charcoal grey/black.

I always liked my blazer (does that make me a saddo?) I used to have loads of badges on the lapels! and of course pens in the pen pocket
            Last edited by foxyminx; 19-03-2006, 14:57. Reason: added more

Comment

Originally posted by dondons69
              my high school uniform
              It's a little too small to make out the writing there, does it say Grange Hill Comprehensive? :P (Just kidding).

Our uniform was black trousers, black blazer, with a white (or blue shirt). The school tie was diagonally striped dark green and gold.
              LIFE is a four letter word, but which one...?

Comment

My uniform was bottle green skirt (not below the knee or we was sent home) white knee socks, white blouse and bottle green cardigan yuk! Needless to say I never wear that colour now lol

Comment

In middle school mine was a grey skirt,white blouse,grey cardigan,navy and yellow striped tie and white knee socks that I would roll down-it must have looked like I had 2 big doughtnuts around my ankles
                  High school was less strict..as long as it was black it pretty much passed the test.Funny how when everyone entered 6th form we all totally went for it after years of being told what to wear- tie dye dresses and bovver boots,stinking of patchouli LOL

Comment

Brown and red for the first year of Comprehensive, Black and red all subsiquent years - must have been costly for families with more than one kid!!
                    Reason being that "comprehensives" had just started (late sixtes, 11 plus abolished), and the first year of comp was spent in and old grammar school, while subsiquent years were in a purpose built new comprehensive.

Of course, you had quite a mixture of social classes and abilities in one school, and at break times when you all would mix, it was quite apparent who was who, with the rich kids (usually bright) in blazers and the less well off in jumpers & anoraks (or parkas). Then you had the less less well off who would have a hand kitted jumper (which would stretch loads more than any acrylic bought one and so acommodate more growing room) and daps.

Fond memories of this (late) forty-something.

Clive.

Comment

School uniforms aren't a bad idea - kids get bullied for not being as smartly dressed as others.
                      Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

Here here Aidan but I'm not fussed on the school uniform they have in my old school now - black trousers and white polo t-shirts - for boys and girls. They look really scruffy especially if they've been washed with each other and not ironed!!

Comment

White t/polo shirts aren't a great idea where kids are involved.
                          Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

mine was black and purple
                            purple blazer and black skirt and purple jumper purple tie
                            The Damned

Comment

Hi all

Our school uniform was pretty standard,Black Blazer, black trousers or Cords(hee hee) white shirt and black and silver striped tie...

regards..

Rab ;0)

Comment

My junior school uniform was quite cool, green jumper, white shirt and green and yellow tie with grey trousers. Our football kit was green and yellow quarters. Senior school was a bit more boring with black blazer, white shirt and blue and yellow tie. I got sent home once for wearing a really pale blue shirt, in fact it was so pale I didn't realise it was blue until I got to school in the daylight!

Comment

Working...
                                X