school uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mine was
    grey trousers , white shirt , black blazer and a blue tie with red stripes across it , black shoes

Comment

1st to 3rd year... grey skirt and cardi or jumper pale blue blouse.
      4th and 5th year............ as above or skirt and cardi/jumper in navy
      6th form office wear
      sigpic
      Mrs Oggy
      ~~~*~~~*~~~
      Count your friends amongst the stars....
      And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

grey trousers, black blazer, with green trim, green, gold and black striped tie, white shirt, hated wearing a tie back then, usually got 'Ragged' my tie pulled until the knot was barely visible or I was choking, oh th ejoys of school, not.

Comment

Hmm.. here goes...
          Infants School: Short trousers, grey jumper, white shirt, green and brown striped tie, black blazer.
          Junior school: Short trousers (until 4th year, then long trousers), white shirt, grey jumper, red and blue striped tie. Grey blazer.
          Secondary school: Black trousers, white shirt, red jumper with yellow lines around neck and sleeve, purple blazer, purple, yellow and blue striped tie.

I think you know why I now hate wearing suits/uniforms - scarred for life at such an early age!!
          Cheers

Armchair

Comment

Think they all did Armchair, scarred for life most of us, nightmares and the like.

Comment

Nothing from our schooldays scarred like exams still do - I still get nightmares !
              Don't you still hate wearing ties, Og ? I know I do.
              Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

Nah mate i like wearing a tie, well with other clothes too of course, but don't you find when you wear a suit people treat you differently, like more respect, and I have more confidence then too also, feel kool wearing me suit and tie.

Comment

Do you remember, when the fashionable ties were patterned with pictures, tv, film charaters I had Looney tunes, Wallace and Gromit, Disney and now got a Doctor Who stuff too, and Dalek cufflinks.

Comment

They're still on the go - and can reveal a fun side through a businesslike appearance.
                    Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

Re: school uniforms

primary school was bottle green v neck, white blouse and grey pinafore, secondaray school was blue v neck, blue gingham blouse and navy blue kilt then in 5th form it was black v neck white blouse and black kilt and white knee socks, if tou had your kilt pin upside down you could get detention .
                      "Raggy dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me" "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly"

Comment

Re: school uniform

last 2 years of hs we had to wear uniforms and i hated it

Comment

Black jacket and trousers, grey jumper and shirt.
                          Diagonal black and yellow striped tie worn with the biggest knot you could.
                          Accesorise with cowboy boots or duckbills and never EVER do your top button.......just remebered the high-waister era too LoL LoL LoL LoL:cry:

Comment

Didn't wear a uniform to junior school. Officially, the head didn't like little girls wearing trousers, but so many of us did that he must have given up trying to stop it.

In senior school, it was a kilt-style skirt, that reached below the knee, in a revolting shade of dark brown. Long-sleeved turquoise blouse in winter, summer blouse was short-sleeved, cream with a pattern of brown flowers, although up to 3rd year, it was a cotton dress in the same cream-with-brown-flowers pattern. Brown blazer, winter and summer. Brown v-neck sweater or cardigan if we wanted.

We were spared ties, but we had to wear hats! Straw hat in summer, with a brown ribbon, the winter hat was absolutely horrific, sort of like a pudding basin with a brim. We only had to wear hats up to third year, it was a rite of passage to beat the hell out of your winter hat on the last day you had to wear it. Brown or white socks (there was also the option to wear tights for 4th years & up). Heel on the shoe could be no higher than 1 1/2 inches, and "no sling-backs or wedges".

Jewellery was restricted, sleeper earrings, and a necklace only if it was a religious emblem. I remember a debate in 5th year as to whether the teachers would buy it if we wore a chain without a pendant, and claimed to be an atheist.

The other tradition we had was on your last day at school in 5th year, you wore one of the long-sleeved turquoise blouses, and everyone wrote goodbye messages all over it. If the head was in a snotty mood, you'd get ticked off for wearing it to the final assembly, so some of us took a spare blouse and changed after getting all the signatures. I still have mine, though most of the messages have almost faded away.

We had a "wear what you like" day every year, but it wasn't really, because there were so many restrictions. Absolutely no jeans - the head stated in assembly one day that she would not put up with seeing "wiggling bottoms in jeans" (general opinion was that she should stop looking! ). Other types of trousers were just barely tolerated, and dresses/skirts/blouses had to be "within the bounds of decency" (so anything that looked good was pretty much out )
                            The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir.

Comment

Grey or navy skirt (girls couldn't wear trousers then) grey or navy jumper,white shirt/blouse,white socks and black shoes, the tie was blue black and white stripes,the blue being thicker. Best thing about it was burning my tie the day I left!
                              Heather

Comment

Hi everyone, i just hated my school uniform, i remember wearing a long grey skirt, grey jumper, red and grey tie and a white blouse, and fairly high shoes, i would not wear those clothes now lol,

Comment

Working...
                                X