Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: school uniforms

Default Re: school uniforms

I don't think I wore a uniform at infants and junior schools, but by the time my son started school in 1998 uniforms were compulsory.

Regarding school logos, at secondary school ours was emblazoned on a cloth patch that your mum had to sew onto the breast pocket of your blazer. When you needed a new blazer, all that was necessary was to undo the stitching and sew the patch onto the new blazer, and that was the only place on uniforms a logo was displayed.

Trouble with school uniforms parents had to buy them from the authorised shop that had the school contract. No buying of uniforms allowed from outlets such as C&A or the equivalent back then to George at Asda & TU Sainsbury. It is obvious schools received a cut of the profits before they started selling off playing fields

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it. We would annihilate each other

Quote Originally Posted by staffslad View Post
    I don't think I wore a uniform at infants and junior schools, but by the time my son started school in 1998 uniforms were compulsory.

Regarding school logos, at secondary school ours was emblazoned on a cloth patch that your mum had to sew onto the breast pocket of your blazer. When you needed a new blazer, all that was necessary was to undo the stitching and sew the patch onto the new blazer, and that was the only place on uniforms a logo was displayed.
    This was done on a blazer at my school. It was not compulsory, neither was the blazer.
    Who cared about rules when you were young?

I think cloth patch and blazer were both compulsory at my school, but in warm weather they were discarded and we went around in just shirt and tie, with the girls in blouse and tie. Oddly, boys wore white or grey shirts, but the girls wore candy-striped blouses--the tie being the same

Quote Originally Posted by marc View Post
    This was done on a blazer at my school. It was not compulsory, neither was the blazer.

Quote Originally Posted by marc View Post
    This was same for me x by 3 of us now - though at one stagre I think they tried the idea of iron on Crests to the Blazer Pocket!!

Funny toio how you got a Detention though for that if was Creased through the ironing (or as some Parents would take it to a Stiutching Place/Shop Nr by if busy for a small cost) and it was'nt so for other items of Uniform - but the most tiny crease ... say no more!

80sChav