Radio One DJ catchphrase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio One DJ catchphrase

He used to do chart countdowns sometimes in the Seventies and say in a growly voice

Have Mercy!

Who was it - really bugging me today

Re: Radio One DJ catchphrase

Emperor Rosko
    Last edited by sixtyten; 29-11-2008, 23:41.

Comment

I been on line and can't find anywhere it says the Emperor used that one , however a friend of mine said same thing at the weekend so it looks like you got it nailed- cheers

Comment

Deffo correct. I downloaded an MP3 from his website and the second thing he said was "Have mercy"

Comment

Yep you right Daz - I finally found a blurb about him - belter of an enterainer on the airwaves! ...

For music fans of a certain age, the Emperor was required listening - first on North Sea pirate station The Big L (Radio London) and then for some years on Saturday mornings on Radio 1. His energetic US style with jingles, clips and his transatlantic growly vocals combined to create a different kind of experience on staid UK radio. At Radio 1, he also successfully hosted the weekly record review show, Rosko's Round Table and brought his wide musical knowledge to bear. His catch phrases and sparky humour were of its time - "Have Mercy!" and all the rest.

Comment

Working...
          X