Live Aid - Biggest mistake of my life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Live Aid - Biggest mistake of my life

Only watched it on TV but I forgot to mention on my earlier posting that I organised a Live Aid concert in Dec of 1985 in my home town of Dewsbury. We actually borrowed the Huge 'Web' Live Aid Logo from the stage sides of the Live Aid Wembley concert. It was an experience, and we raised a bit more for the Band Aid trust. I also painted Phil Collins and Bob Geldof portraits to raise extra funds and got to meet them in person in London to get them signed, so that was good.... More recently I bought the DVD box set.

Comment

Wow Grosh, that's impressive!

I had the DVD box set a few years back. It's worth watching.
      "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Originally posted by Grosh62 View Post
        Only watched it on TV but I forgot to mention on my earlier posting that I organised a Live Aid concert in Dec of 1985 in my home town of Dewsbury. We actually borrowed the Huge 'Web' Live Aid Logo from the stage sides of the Live Aid Wembley concert. It was an experience, and we raised a bit more for the Band Aid trust. I also painted Phil Collins and Bob Geldof portraits to raise extra funds and got to meet them in person in London to get them signed, so that was good.... More recently I bought the DVD box set.

Well done Grosh, that was tremendous!
        The people of Oman don't like the Flintstones but the people of Abu Dhabi do!

Comment

I watched it on TV with the sound down and my stereo turned up so I could hear it in . . . um . . . stereo.

Also Had the tape in there paused to record the best bits Still have it somewhere. Thought U2's set was excellent and Simple Minds were good from JFK.

Comment

Originally posted by Megawitch View Post
            Well done Grosh, that was tremendous!
            Thanks Jacqueline and Megawitch, It was a Long time ago.
            These are poor copies of 2nd generation photos of the signed original portraits, if you see what I mean.
            Attached Files

Comment

This place seems to have more than one talented artist in residence.

I wish I had an artistic talent.

Sigh.
              "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

I should say you did.I spent the whole day watching it on the tv.Taping the best bands and other good parts on a cassette player.Aren,t we spoiled these days with all this great technology.LOL!!!!I kept running out of cassettes.Still to this day i have those tapes.How mad is that.I just can,t bare to part with them.
                Can,t believe you didn't go!!
                May

Comment

A lot of the acts were risible, bono's mullet was hilarious, but I loved the whole thing. I'd been a big Rats from my younger days, so Bob was already my hero even before LA. recently watched the DVD again, and was moved all over again. That Cars video, Bob looking so young and fresh- faced, and Diana and Paula Yates together in the audience. Sigh......
                  ps Nothing will ever be so dire as the Pete Doherty/Elton John debacle at Live8 if we're talking rubbish performances

Comment

im so very sorry you didnot go to this.
                    one of the greatest ever line ups for a music festival.

and of course it was more than a music festival it was to raise money for those who where dying and starving.

i wonder do you still have the tickets.

yes i watched it one of the most moving things iever did see.

Originally posted by Lord Clod View Post
                    Back in those hazy 80's I was given two tickets to Live Aid...I had been invited to a party so I decided not to go....and I actually said...it will be ****.....oh my god...I spent the day watching most of it...with the tickets in my pocket....as you can imagine I was called some names that day...and afterwards...infact I still get a cold shudder everytime I remember how I made the wrongest ever choice on that day in 1985.:cry:
                    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                    X