Highway to heaven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highway to heaven

Does anyone remember Highway to Heaven? It was one of my favourite programmes as a child. It was about an angel who went around saving people from there moral dilemas... He had a friend who went round each week with him and he was the only person who knew he was an angel. The theme tune had me in tears almost every week....i even went as far as to record the theme tune from the tv onto my tape recorder..(remember them? Great big blocks of plastic with clunky buttons). I think it stared Micheal Landon...might not have the name right....but it was superb

I remember that Tammy! My Nan used to love it, therefore it used to annoy us kids to bits. She would get all tearful into her lavender hanky over it. Bless!

Comment

I didn't actually like this show...but when Michael Landon died in real life, I thought geez and he was even in a show about heaven. awwww
      I'd rather hear the bad truth than a good lie

Comment

Re: Highway to heaven

remember it well.
        it starred michael landon (of little house on the prairie) as jonathon smith who played an angel.

there where 111 episodes.
        there where 5 series between 1984 and 1989.
        it also starred victor french.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I loved this show too Tammy, great stories in them. Pity they're never repeated, I'd love to see them all again. I remember Helen Hunt was in one. She had leukaemia, think she rode horses too. It ended well as far as I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by ann22 View Post
            I loved this show too Tammy, great stories in them. Pity they're never repeated, I'd love to see them all again. I remember Helen Hunt was in one. She had leukaemia, think she rode horses too. It ended well as far as I remember.
            Did a bit of checking and the episodes she was in was called thoroughbreds it wasd a two parter from 1985 she played Lizzy MacGill.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

yup! highway to heaven, it was written and directed by Michael Landon & also starred him as angel Jonathon Smith! It also starred his real life friend Victor French as Mark Gordon an ex cop from Oakland who joined Jonathon in helping people, after he had lost faith in humanity (because of seeing so much **** as a cop!) It ran for 5 years, had 111 episodes as someone here already mentioned & was jokingly nicknamed Jesus of malibu!

The best tv show ever created in my opinion! i love watching it!
              Landon baby...

Comment

Michael Landon & Victor French both of whom also starred in Little House in the Prairie
                sigpic
                Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Working...
                X