unique brit humour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: unique brit humour

Will Hay films especially the schoolboy ones..I loved when teacher (Hay) told the boys to memorise the work they had on their desks for homework. One lad for some reason has a telephone directory on his desk and is dismayed to think he has to learn the whole lot..'All the addresses and everything?!'.
    Carry on films..I used to love these.. My favourites are 'Carry On Dick', 'Henry' 'Up the Kyber' and 'Cleo'...I love the bit in 'Cleo' where the carpet rolls out and the big black bodyguard's in it. Sid James as 'Mark Anthony' who's expecting to meet the beautiful queen of the Nile says 'Is that her?!!!'
    Some of the 'Doctor' films were good, with Leslie Philips 'ding dong'.
    I enjoyed 'Dentist on the job' with Bob Monkhouse...there was a bit I roared laughing at where there was a chase of some kind happeniing in the surgery I think, an innocent bystander had fallen head first into a bin and couldn't get out of it, he ended up part of the race 'cos the people behind him were pushing him along as there was no room to push him out of the way, all you could see were his legs...
    I suppose you had to be there

Comment

Working...
    X