80's (or 70's) TV drama... I think.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80's (or 70's) TV drama... I think.

Hi all... This is probably going to be a really, really vague one and I'll be really suprised if anyone remembers it. I'm not even sure if it's real. it could be something my mind concocted from somewhere.

I'm pretty sure it was a drama and I think it might have been on BBC (1 or 2 not sure). I think it was on fairly late night and it might have been in two parts. And form some reason I think it was about spies.

Now the only bit I can properly envision is a sequence where they would use what looked like a game of pacman or some other kind of maze-like video game (but instead of pacman there would be a wolf or fox) and when the character in the drama (who I think was either a spy or hitman) got close to his target, they would cut to a scene of this "pacman" showing the wolf-like image getting closer to whatever it was he was hunting...

Of course all this could be complete nosense... I just have really vague memories of seeing this pacman-like maze with a wolf or some such thing... Anyone know what I'm on about?

Re: 80's (or 70's) TV drama... I think.

It rings a bell with me also--- as soon as I read the bit about the animation closing in on the target.

Will get back to you on this ( he hopefully says ! )

Comment

Bird of Prey ( early eighties) ?

Had a quick look on Wiki but can't find anything about the computer sequences - however I think that was the one - maybe somebody on here has it and can confirm?

Comment

Found this snippet on line ....

Publicity : Bird Of Prey 2 (BBC-1, 9:25pm) has a perfectly comprehensible opening title sequence: a computer game in which a fox gobbles up every farmyard animal in sight except a fleeing piglet. Taking the piglet to be the portly civil servant Henry Jay (again played by Richard Griffiths) we can safely assume that Jay is still the target of a multi-national crime syndicate engages in computer fraud.

http://www.zetaminor.com/dvd/dvdrevi...rd_of_prey.htm

http://www.startrader.co.uk/Action%2...birdofprey.htm
        Last edited by Heather74; 09-01-2009, 11:24. Reason: adding link

Comment

Yeah, I think that's definately it!

So it was the opening credits that I remembered, but the description did ring some bells, I'll have to see if I can get the DVD now.

Thanks a lot

Comment

After another read and a sniff around some other webistes, I'm pretty sure this is it. Probably would help if I could remember some of the actors in it, but I was very young at the time and only have vague memories of the opening sequence and my dad watching it a few times. I think I only rememberedthe opening because my parents had just bought me a Sinclair ZX81 computer and anything computerised instantly grabbed my attention.

Comment

It is out on DVD both the first and second series
              Bird Of Prey - Complete Series: Richard Griffiths, Nigel Davenport, Jeremy Child, Carol Nimmons, Jim Broadbent, Roger Sloman, Michael Rolfe: Amazon.co.uk: DVD
              Heather

Comment

Working...
              X