Moody And Pegg And Beryls Lot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moody And Pegg And Beryls Lot.

I do wish they would release these on Dvd I found them very comforting to watch as a child.
    Moody and Pegg was a short-lived sitcom, produced by Thames Television between 1974 and 1975. Derek Waring and Judy Cornwell starred in this series that accented comedy but also had moments of drama. Waring played Roland Moody, a newly divorced 42-year-old junk/antique dealer greatly anticipating freedom from matrimonial ties.Cornwell was cast as Daphne Pegg, plain spinster and dedicated civil servant in her early thirties who leaves her home in Bolton after realising that her office boss will never agree to marry her. She heads for London .Moody - also has a valid lease arrangement for the property she acquires. Unable to work out who is the squatter, they agree to be feuding partners and share, forging a very uncomfortable situation that is exacerbated by Moody's prodigious line of visiting girlfriends. With hilarious consequences. Eventually, Moody loses in a winner-takes-all poker game and leaves, only to return in the second series.

And of course Beryl's lot.

Comedy series about middle-aged Beryl who decides there is more to life than running the family home and decides to enroll for philosophy classes. GB. Yorkshire Television production.
    The REAL 1970s: Beryl's Lot

Anyone remember them.
    Last edited by sixtyten; 13-01-2009, 16:52.

Re: Moody And Pegg And Beryls Lot.

I dont think it was screened down here
    "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

You didnt have Thames Television in Cornwall.
      Thames Television was a licensee[/URL] of the British ITV television network, covering London and parts of the surrounding counties on weekdays from 30 July 1968 until 31 December 1992. It was both a broadcaster and a producer of television programmes, making shows both for the local region it covered and for networking nationally across the ITV regions.
      Last edited by sixtyten; 13-01-2009, 16:53.

Comment

I think they were both on a Friday, dont make telly like they use too.

Comment

Never heard of M&P, don't think that was broadcast in the Scottish region, however I do remember Beryl's Lot...didn't have a very long run. I seem to remember there was an old man in it who was a bit of a religious nutter and believed the world was going to end immediately (don't they all??) I didn't realise it was supposed to be a comedy, always considerd it a soap-opera. I remember the opening credits with a shopping bag splitting open!

Comment

I'm getting a bit misty eyed, I'd forgotten about Moody and Pegg. I'd often be round my Nan and Grandad's house on a Friday night and they'd be watching all those old sitcoms. Great memories.

Comment

I can barely remember the programme but the music for Moody & Pegg was wonderful. It's here Moody and Pegg Theme Song

Comment

And now M & P Complete First Series is available from Network DVD...Yippee!!!

Comment

I recall both...Obviously, I'm a sad old b*gger.

Comment

That television tunes link is great
                    "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jacqueline View Post
                      That television tunes link is great
                      Really good, isn't it. It's proved a great standby on this forum, Jacqueline. I've referred people to it on a number of occasions.

Just finished watching the Moody and Pegg DVD, series one. I had recalled it as a half hour sitcom with an audience. I was completely wrong. The episodes are about 50 minutes long, there's no studio audience, and it's really more of a comedy drama. As for the music, the arrangement on the Television-Tunes site is not the one used in the series - well not series one anyone. It's certainly very similar but not quite the same. It's a lovely tune though, and was also used as the intro to the 70s schools series 'My World'. Perhaps that's the version on the site.

Comment

Thanks for that info Marine Boy. Moody and Pegg reminded me of another drama series I remember watching when I was off school sick, called "Rooms."
                        "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Naturally I now have Moody and Pegg, what a lovely series,
                          just waiting for Beryl's Lot now.

Comment

I remember Beryl's Lot. I miss Thames and LWT. Way better programming than the **** thats churned out now. The TV themes link is cool. Just been playing the man about the house theme over and over. God I'm sad .

Comment

Originally posted by xxneilxx View Post
                              I remember Beryl's Lot. I miss Thames and LWT. Way better programming than the **** thats churned out now. The TV themes link is cool. Just been playing the man about the house theme over and over. God I'm sad .
                              No your not sad theres some bloody good catchy 70s themes...I love most of them and I'm not ashamed to say either.
                              Owen M.D is a good song.

Comment

Working...
                              X