Point Horror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point Horror

My friends and I were obsessed with proper old Point Horrors in the late-80s. Classic, cheesy titles like Beach Party, The Boyfriend, The Babysitter, basically anything R L Stine authored based around young teenagers/kids suffering slightly horrible and decidedly creepy injuries and deaths, usually perpetrated by someone else they know.All the more exciting when you're a teenager, for they sometimes included a little bit of raunch! I believe Point Horror have gone a bit more legit these days, but I loved these ones!

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Point Horror

OMFG! I've had sh1tloads of my stuff in storage for years and when the funds ran out i had to bring everything home. I grew up with point horror but didn't tell anyone else I read them as absolutely no-one from where I lived knew about them! I bought and read everything I could find and didn't let anyone else touch them at risk of damaging them (sad I know). I packed them all away in tissue paper and put them away in storage to protect them and got them out recently and realised how AMAZING they were. (I'm 29 now and started reading them when I was about 11, before I discovered alcohol and boys etc...). The R.L. Stine Babysitter series and the Diane Hoh Nightmare Hall Series got me through my late primary school years. It got to the point where I was buying the rest of the Nightmare Hall series from America when Scholastic stopped releasing them (sad I know). If you find any in your local British Heart Foundation shop, buy them, they are AMAZING!!!! THE STRANGER changed my life, lol!
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Point Horror

ive never heard of these but they do look nice artwork etc.

are the stories that good.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
      X