Guy with a green hand/arm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy with a green hand/arm

I remember a scene from a TV series from the 80's. I think the show was sci-fi of some description and one of the main characters had a green hand which was some kind of infection or disease (or something) that was spreading up his arm. I think the story ran over a few episodes.

It might have been on the BBC, but I'm not sure.

Any ideas?

Re: Guy with a green hand/arm

sounds like a creepshow story??
    DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

Originally posted by culnara View Post
      sounds like a creepshow story??

"The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verrill" segment from Stephen King's Creepshow anthology (1982)
      A meteor falls into Jordy's backyard. He attempts to cool it down with water, which causes it to split open to reveal superhot, oozing goo ("Meteorshit!" he proclaims). Jordy, a not-too-bright farmer played by King, touches the goo and burns himself, sticking his fingers in his mouth. Later, some type of moss starts growing from his fingertips and tongue, and the weeds begin to take over the house (as well as Jordy's body). A quick look outside shows the viewers the trail of green from the meteor crater up to the house.Eventually Jordy jumps into the tub, which waters the growing plants on his body. When we next see him, he's become a plant man.

Comment

No that's definately not it.

It was a sci-fi series that ran for a few episodes, the young guys arm (I say young guy, it could have been a boy, but I was very young at the time and he was older than me) got progressively worse through the series. it started with his hand and spread up his arm.

I think the lad had longish, black hair.

I think it was a BBC production, but I'm not sure.

Comment

ok was worth a try, although i have just remembered another story from dr who ?? brb
          hmmm just thinking you say boy, this was a man

haven't a clue mate
          Last edited by culnara; 18-01-2009, 17:14.

Comment

Not BBC, but ITV, early 80s. In the third series of "Into The Labyrinth", the magician Lazlo had some kind of creeping green infection going up his arm and he had to go on a quest through time to find a magical object to save himself from it.

Comment

Sounds spot on Lurker
              http://www.the-mausoleum-club.org.uk...013/labart.htm .... Denying The Nidus

" Unfortunately, a green disease was spreading up the arms of first Lazlo, and then Phil, and it was essential they find Lazlo's source of power, the Scarabeaus, by using a special bracelet - a device created almost purely so Belor could steal it now and again"

Nice one
              Heather

Comment

Originally posted by The Lurker In The Shadows View Post
                Not BBC, but ITV, early 80s. In the third series of "Into The Labyrinth", the magician Lazlo had some kind of creeping green infection going up his arm and he had to go on a quest through time to find a magical object to save himself from it.
                Hmm... That does sound like it. Didn't remember him being a magician though. Thanks all for helping

Comment

Working...
                X