Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "SILACE"a great tv series from the mid 80's

helo everyone
    there was a very nice tv program in the mid 80's i am not sure on how to spell the correct name but i think it was "silace".it is about an orphan boy that goes through all kind of adventures to survive.the boys name was "silace or silece".if any knows this program i would be very greatfull to know the exact name of the program.
    thank you

Re: "SILACE"a great tv series from the mid 80's

Think you might mean Silas, If you follow the link you'll find a clip, I'm sure it was dubbed for English tv, as its been mentioned on the board before
    YouTube - Silas

Heather

Comment

Hadn't he run away from the circus??

Not a patch on Robinson Crusoe, Belle et Sebastien (or even White Horses, Heidi)
      sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

He had indeed Dave.

Taken from TV Cream

WRETCHED SMALL-SCREEN half-sibling of HEIDI. Similarly badly-dubbed, similarly never-ending and similarly peopled-by-ugly-kids "fable" dealing with the plight the titular dirty-faced tinker (PATRICK BACH), one of those Romany circus-boy types who only seem to exist in Enid Blyton books or foreign imports. Convinced his mother is a famous trapeze artist (naturally), Silas first tames, then steals, a black horse from his farmer master. Befriending a couple of other kids (Godik and Jenny) and fleeing from the evil "Shrew", he proceeds to embark upon a series of smuggler-thwarting adventures only slightly shorter in duration than the 100 Years War and all of them equally depressing. Sappy denouement, with Silas adopted by a rich family, bizarrely deflected by the return of Godik (on a grey horse) and the pair, erm, riding off into the sunset.
        Heather

Comment

Thank you very much

Comment

Ahh i loved Silas, godik had a bad leg and the Shrew was horrid...and dodgy foreign dubbing.

Was gonna post a thread asking about Silas...wont bother now

Terrier.

Comment

Working...
            X