late 70s early 80s sci fi/thriller???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• late 70s early 80s sci fi/thriller???

This has been bugging me on and off for many years now, hell I may have even imagined it, and I can't remember if it was a one off like part of Armchair Thriller or a series in its own right.

I'm sure it was in a similar style to Day of the Triffids and that ilk tho.

I can't seem to remember much, but the one vivid thing I do recall was a character in a space suit type outfit that looked like Top Gears Stig, and sounded a bit like Darth Vader, and I think he/it would terrorise the area (moorland I think) by killing sheep etc. The more I sit here thinking I think that the visor got ripped open and he was either horribly disfigured or an alien type being.

At a rough guess I would say this had to be on the TV either late 70s or early 80s, (77-83 era) I was still a kid, and I'm sure I shouldn't have been watching it!!

I hope it jogs someone elses memory, because when it does crop up to haunt me it does my head in! I've done google etc but nothings jumped out at me

Re: late 70s early 80s sci fi/thriller???

The Nightmare Man?
    THE NIGHTMARE MAN | A TELEVISION HEAVEN REVIEW
    Heather

Comment

Speechless!! Yes that does indeed sound like it doesn't it

Thank you so much huggie, it's done my head in for years now!

Quick google shows the dvd is available too, should I...

Comment

yes you should lol, and come back with a review, I want to know if its as scary today as you found it back then

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nightmare-Ma.../dp/B0002ADW6W £3.98 !!!!! go for it
        Heather

Comment

Working...
        X