Old PC games you wish they'd remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danrak
    Old as in about a decade, not last week.

I wouldn't mind seeing an updated Spy vs Spy
    Spy vs Spy is coming out soon on Xbox. Not sure if it's also going to other platforms, or indeed whether it's actually going to be good in 3D.

They're also remakeing The Last Ninja, which shold be cool.

Comment

Well, Spy vs Spy is ace on the Xbox. I've had it for about 24 hours, and played it fo about 7, mainly in "classic mode". Story mode is ok. I suppose they HAD to update it, and put end of level baddies in it and stuff for the newer gamers, but it's cool that there is still a "classic mode" (search a limited number of rooms for the 5 items you need, set traps and kill the other spy, then pinch their items too when they die) albeit in 3D.

Shame that no-one seems to be on Xbox live at the mo - I fancy playing a non-AI character.

Comment

Originally posted by brucef
        I used to love that Zarch / Lander game. I spent every lunchtime at school paying it on the Acorn Archimedes!
        Your wish comes true!!!

http://www.steviegoodwin.plus.com/Z_Virus.zip

Found it after many hours searching!

Comment

Skool Daze remake :
          http://retrospec.sgn.net/users/rjordan/klass/downl.htm

Monty On The Run remake :
          http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/page...860&f=motr.zip

Fred remake :
          http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/page...&f=fred131.zip

Splatt remake :
          http://ovine.net/game_splatt.php

There are quite a few of these remakes around if you take the time to look for them. Finding that lot only took me ten minutes.
          Last edited by M.I.K.; 18-04-2006, 21:57.

Comment

bring back maziacs

Maziacs and jumping jack for me !!!

http://www.big20reunion.com

Comment

Arkanoid
              Major Motion (use to play this game for hours)

Comment

Originally posted by remember
                What about an updated version of the Monty games (Monty is Innocent for example)

What do YOU remember about the 70's 80's and 90's?
                Monty on the Run was great there were quite a few of them, and Jack the Nipper was so kool.

Comment

The one I'd like to see is an old Amiga game called Liberation, you controlled 4 androids in a 3d city (state of the art at the time) and had to investigate the capture of political prisoners and rescue them in gung-ho style. Would definitely benefit from latest technology and would suit modern "sand-pit" games like Grand Theft Auto style.

Comment

Originally posted by Elleth Faewen
                    Monty Python's Flying Circus was a good one that I'd like to see remade. There was another one that I cannot remember its name. It was ported from the mainframe and written in ASCII. Your character was a smiley face, and you went through rooms collecting food, scrolls and potions and took hits like a D&D type game. It was a blast!
                    Elleth, I recall an ASCII D&D-style game called Rogue. It used to run in DOS on the PC, can't remember if your character was a smiley face or not, but I believe it was originally a mainframe game.
                    Cheers

Armchair

Comment

Hi guys..

one of my favourite Arcade games from 1986 was by Konami and was called 'Jackal'..you and a pal drove jeeps up a screen collecting better guns etc. and rescued wee soldiers who were captued by the enemy from wooden houses then took them to a waiting helicopter and then..did the whole thing again!!! you were up against enemy jeeps and tanks and others and it was ace..very poor versions came out on the speccy and C64 but they werent great..would love to see it again and a remake would be cool...failing that a decent Ikari Warriors, Guerilla Wars or Who Dares Wins 2 would suffice..;0)..

best wishes...

Rab ;0)

Comment

BMX Simulator for the Spectrum...superb

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeCremolaFoam
                          Hi guys..

one of my favourite Arcade games from 1986 was by Konami and was called 'Jackal'..you and a pal drove jeeps up a screen collecting better guns etc. and rescued wee soldiers who were captued by the enemy from wooden houses then took them to a waiting helicopter and then..did the whole thing again!!! you were up against enemy jeeps and tanks and others and it was ace..very poor versions came out on the speccy and C64 but they werent great..would love to see it again and a remake would be cool...failing that a decent Ikari Warriors, Guerilla Wars or Who Dares Wins 2 would suffice..;0)..

best wishes...

Rab ;0)
                          Rab,

You ought to search out MAME (Multi Arcade Machine Emulator). I love playing Jackal on it, plus most any other arcade game you can think of (and many you've not even heard of). Everything is there - the noise the machine makes when you add a credit, the sounds/graphics exactly as the arcade game - marvellous.
                          Cheers

Armchair

Comment

Hi mate!!!

Thanks for the tip, I had an older version of mame but recently downloaded a new one and its so much better these days, you are right, I finally managed to play the Arcade perfect versions of Jackal and all my other favourite 80's Arcade Games, including Gorf with the Speech and Mr.Do!! lol.. up here being 10 minutes from the Sea we had four Amusement Arcades so I spent from the age of about 10 until about 18 (then I could drink in pubs!) spending all my time and money in Amusement Arcades playing Pinball (cant even find a Pinball table round here these days!!!) and Video Games!!! Loved it though and still have my two wee girls playing emulated Colecovosion,atari 2600 and megadrive games with me most times they stay, they love it!!! Thanks for the help though mate..appreciated and always nice to meet a fellow gamer, been playing Vid games since 1980!!!! dont think ill ever tire of it..;0)..Play my PS2 often..

all the best mate...

Rab )

Fife
                            Scotland

Comment

Wouldn't mind a new version of "Space Invaders" or "Pac-Man"

Speaking of games that should've been remade but never did, what about "Duke Nukem Forever"? We were promised this game since 1997 and still nothing.

I must say, when DOOM 3 came out, i was one happy gamer !

Comment

Re: Old PC games you wish they'd remake

They sort of remade Alone in the Dark as Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare. It is evidently not a direct follow up to the others, as it is set in a more modern era.

Comment

Working...
                                X