texan bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• texan bar

my wife boght me a texan bar yesterday not as big as they used to be but still tasty
    kernow bys vyken

They're still on the go ?
    The ad went : "Time sure goes slow when you're chewing a Texan." ( innocent times they were.)
    Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

i read a magazine interview with tony blackburn that they were coming back.... i think he is promoting them.
      No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

yeah they are back out i seen them in my local easons/whsmith. bloody expensive at 39p a pop but bloody lovely 2 The wrapper said blast from the past so im hoping there is more 2 be released

Comment

i found starbars over ay our local shop and it's been said that there bringing secerts back as well
          kernow bys vyken

Comment

oh i liked secrets
            sigpic

Comment

Starbars are my all-time fave.
              Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

texan bars

Texan bars were awesome....took about 15 mins to eat! Glad to see they're still around but a lot of them aren't as big as they used to be....I remember curly-wurlys being huge but I bought one for the first time in many years and it was just a teeny thing. I used to like the "outer spacers" crisps (beef flavour space station ones)
                David, aged 37 and three quarters

Comment

Slightly relevant...

Last week, bored and off for a skive at work, I took a walk to the shop and was browsing the chocolate section. I noticed the Topic bars, and remember enjoying them 15/20 years ago. Then I realised THEY WERE HALF THE EFFING SIZE THEY USED TO BE! What have they done? 45p for what is basically a 'fun size' bar?

And Yorkie bars. Nowadays they have 5 chunks, but did they not used to have SIX, with the letters Y-O-R-K-I-E on each of them?
                  The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
                  Marcel Proust

Comment

Never mind Texans, Star Bars or Yorkies - bring back AZTEC bars!Used to treat myself to one from "Roy's" shop every day on the way home from school and eat it whilst doing my homework supping a glass of milk.
                    I am in fact salivating right now at the memory!!
                    Delicious!!
                    Clive

Comment

texan bars etc

Oh, I used to love texan bars, but they used to make your jaw hurt for 15 minutes afterwards.

Curly Wurlies were always a treat too. "Hands off my curly wurly" the ad used to say, didn't it?

Topics may have got smaller, but don't forget that they were always the smallest and most expensive of all those bars. "What has a hazelnut in every bite?" Now look me in the eye and tell me you didn't used to shout "squirrel s#it" in reply!

Interesting point about Yorkies not having enough chunks to write Yorkie on though... I love that "Not for girls" ad, refreshingly un-PC. And since when was ANY chocolate out of bounds to women?! IIRC the original ad used to feature some lorry driver in a checked shirt. Wanna talk stereotypes?

Comment

Yep Texan bars for .....when a man's gotta chew what a man's gotta chew!
                        Take a gander at http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/ you will find a whole load of memories there. Great tasting too so can recommend this site.
                        sigpic
                        Mrs Oggy
                        ~~~*~~~*~~~
                        Count your friends amongst the stars....
                        And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

Working...
                        X