Toys that scared you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toys that scared you

I was an easily scared child, if a toy scared me in the night I would put it outside my parent's bedroom door, I think it became entertaining for them to guess what would be next.
    Anyway the ones that spring to mind were a small wind up ET that walked along, I had a snoopy as well but only ET scared me. Also a money box in the shape of ajn apple, out of which a maggot would appear to take the coin you were depositing.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
      One of my sisters had this like head thing that she did hairstyles and make -up on.She kept it on dressing table in her room.

I still swear that its eyes followed you around the room and you knew that when you walked over landing at nghts to go to toilet / bathroom its eyes were staring at you through the half closed door and it was just waiting all the time for you to drop your guard

My brother was scared of my Girls World. I had to throw it out cos he wouldn't settle with it around!! that was after i'd chopped it's hair off mind!
      ...chilli...

Comment

back in the late 60's I was 3 or 4 years old and I got a toy record player for Christmas.

When I unwrapped the present I spotted the players' huge pointy stylus needle.
        I was so scared of it I ran away from the box!

Recently finding the photo of this evil machine on ebay brought it all back again!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ece1_1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	259672
        Click image for larger version

Name:	ed90_1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	259673

Comment

Blue plastic spider that my Mum hid under a table in my Grans. I was only a toddler at the time but they told me about it and then gave me a torch so I could see it, only the torch threw a massive spider shaped shadow on the wall behind it. I was paralysed with fear. Can remember it as though it was yesterday.
          "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Terrified of spinning tops!

Comment

Toys that where Scary

Yes I believe that some toys are scary. For example, My nephew and neices, when they were toddlers had Fisher Price, Jack In The Box, which was extremely scary, to a small child. The way it popped out of the Box, the noise, and the face on the clown was really frightening. Also I remember as a youngster, A robot, which to me was also scary, I didnt like the way it walked and the voice was a gutteral mechanical type voice. Very creepy. Any clown doll or ornament was frightening to me when I was a child.

Comment

Re: Toys that where Scary

Even my Mum though those Fisher Price Jack in the boxes were creepy, & didn't like us playing with my cousins' one.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

same here the fisher price one was scary all right.
                  many a night i had it on my bedside cabinet and id turn around and near jump off the bed in fright.
                  it just had that sort of face.
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                    same here the fisher price one was scary all right.
                    many a night i had it on my bedside cabinet and id turn around and near jump off the bed in fright.
                    it just had that sort of face.
                    LOL might have been eaiser to just have shut him in his box!

https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/t...her+price+jack
                    Heather

Comment

I didnt like playing Buckaroo, as I was so scared of the horse bucking and the stuff shooting off. Also Operation, scared of the buzzer going..... Anticipation can be a scary thing.

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
                        LOL might have been eaiser to just have shut him in his box!

https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/t...her+price+jack
                        fair point heather.

but when you are say ten or younger you dont think like that.
                        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Apperenly, I used to be frightened of a toy robot. Possibly this is the reason I have robotice cockatrices and dragoms being blown up in some of my works of fiction.
                          WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

Something that scared my youngest son when he was little in the early 90s was this toy my eldest son had called Gorzak. Not surprising!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akm2e0WAUrY
                            sigpic
                            'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

I received a toy SMASH robot one christmas, woulnd it up, let it go, mechanical laughter, scream, tears, ooh no... I got over it though, quite liked that one in the end.

Never really liked clown dolls, and found big dolls creepy. Small dolls were fine, I was a complete Sindy fan as a child, but big dollies were a no-no. Too lifelike I guess. I did have a big doll in the early years which I used to love playing with, then I saw a Wonder Woman episode where a 'man' short-circuited and melted his face to reveal the robot underneath. For some reason I associated that with my doll, and didn't go near it for ages in case it started melting! Actually, remembering that is making me shiver even now - eep!
                              -------------------
                              ForgetfulOne

Comment

My sister had a blow up Micky Mouse that use to scare the bejesus out of me! She use to put it by the bedroom door, knowing Id be too scared to walk past it, therefore Id be stuck in the bedroom. I must have been around 3 or 4 years old.

ForgetfulOne Do you still have any of your Sindys from childhood? Im a Barbie collector and still have all my Barbies and Sindys from childhood

Comment

Working...
                                X