Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toys that scared you

Originally posted by shazzabanazza View Post
    My sister had a blow up Micky Mouse that use to scare the bejesus out of me! She use to put it by the bedroom door, knowing Id be too scared to walk past it, therefore Id be stuck in the bedroom. I must have been around 3 or 4 years old.

ForgetfulOne Do you still have any of your Sindys from childhood? Im a Barbie collector and still have all my Barbies and Sindys from childhood
    HEY shaz just how many barbie and sindy dolls have you.

i know a girl myself and she has been collecting barbie and sindy dolls for 40 yrs.

not just dolls but barbie houses etc.

i bet if anyone tried to nick them you would give them a good kick amd a clout round the dial.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Hey darren

Ive got over 100 dolls in my collection. I also collect Barbie clothes, accessories etc.

You bet I would! No one messes with my Barbie collection! LOL

Comment

PS: Your friends collection must be HUGE!

Comment

Originally posted by shazzabanazza View Post
          Hey darren

Ive got over 100 dolls in my collection. I also collect Barbie clothes, accessories etc.

You bet I would! No one messes with my Barbie collection! LOL
          when did you get your first barbie doll shaz.
          i bet some are limited edition as well.

thanks to the net its easier to find places where you can buy them.
          if you value your life keep away from shazzas dolls.

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one who found clown dolls and gonks scary; can't really say I like clowns much to this day. Then there was Mr. Parlanchin... been discussed elsewhere
            However, my BIG one is balloons - and it has actually turned into a full-blown phobia of them .
            Apparently, one of the "big boys" burst one right in my face at a Sunday School party when I was a year old, and although I don't actually remember it, it's obviously manifested itself in this phobia. It's so bad I had to be sent home from work in hysterics a couple of years ago, when they had an open day and, in their wisdom, decided to blow up over 200 balloons. I'm pushing 47, and it's definitely getting worse!

Comment

Oh, that and "Laughing bags," which my mum bought... I absolutely hated that, hysterical, maniacal laughter coming from a bag... I even found it disturbing when you took the bag off, and found this horrible flesh-coloured "thing" (for want of a better word) inside... absolutely creepy!

Comment

not sure what gonks are myself.

but yes clowns have always scared me .[

there is just something evil about them.

another toy that sort of creeps me out is the fisher price jack in the box the one with a green face.

i can see how something like the balloon incident has affected you from what happened when you where just 1.

UOTE=Tortie;163334]Glad I'm not the only one who found clown dolls and gonks scary; can't really say I like clowns much to this day. Then there was Mr. Parlanchin... been discussed elsewhere
                However, my BIG one is balloons - and it has actually turned into a full-blown phobia of them .
                Apparently, one of the "big boys" burst one right in my face at a Sunday School party when I was a year old, and although I don't actually remember it, it's obviously manifested itself in this phobia. It's so bad I had to be sent home from work in hysterics a couple of years ago, when they had an open day and, in their wisdom, decided to blow up over 200 balloons. I'm pushing 47, and it's definitely getting worse![/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Tortie View Post
                  Oh, that and "Laughing bags," which my mum bought... I absolutely hated that, hysterical, maniacal laughter coming from a bag... I even found it disturbing when you took the bag off, and found this horrible flesh-coloured "thing" (for want of a better word) inside... absolutely creepy!
                  This. I mentioned it elsewhere on the forum, but these particular toys were taken from the nightmares of the things that inhabit my nightmares.

Comment

my mum was scared of the prices of the toys i wanted.. lol

Comment

Mr Charlie Parlanchin
                      http://images2.fanpop.com/images/pho...4-1280-960.jpg

Comment

never ever seen him before but i can see why as a kid it woukd scare you.
                        not quite as scary though as the fisher price jack in the box which scared me a lot.[

QUOTE=TooSoonTom;165054]Mr Charlie Parlanchin
                        http://images2.fanpop.com/images/pho...4-1280-960.jpg[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by smurfie1 View Post
                          I was an easily scared child, if a toy scared me in the night I would put it outside my parent's bedroom door, I think it became entertaining for them to guess what would be next.
                          Anyway the ones that spring to mind were a small wind up ET that walked along, I had a snoopy as well but only ET scared me. Also a money box in the shape of ajn apple, out of which a maggot would appear to take the coin you were depositing.
                          ET was quite grotesque in his own way. I had a little plastic one. Wasn't scared of it but then someone put one up on the cistern in one of the school toilets (and you know how creepy it sometimes was going to the toilets alone in first school). The ETs head would pop up when it was flushed and my god the terror it caused! Mass hysteria! People would have sooner wet themselves than chance those toilets.
                          1976 Vintage

Comment

I had a big Buddy 'L' toy 18-wheeler with a big mural of a fierce dragon on it's trailer with the words 'Dragon Wagon' written in big spikey letters on it. It used to give me the creeps to look at it and it would never be left on the shelf in full view as it looked like the dragon's piercing red eyes were following you as you moved around the room. And when I was very small, maybe 2 or 3, I was given a rubber crocodile/lizard type toy and I was too afraid to even pick it up! It had a red mouth with lots of sharp-looking white teeth. Hated it.

Comment

For some reaosn Stretch Armstrony use dot freak mew out as a child ... infact still does !
                              When I Was Good No One Remembered, When I Was Bad No One Forgot

Comment

Not to metion my inability to post something that actually makes sense !!! lol

Try again : For some reason Stretch Armstrong used to freak me out as a child... infact it still does !
                                When I Was Good No One Remembered, When I Was Bad No One Forgot

Comment

Working...
                                X