Black Lamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Lamp

Does anyone remember the game Black Lamp? I played it on an Atari ST but I'm sure it would have been played on other consoles too.

It was set in and around a castle and you played a jester who had to go through all the different rooms collecting 9 coloured lamps. The black lamp was always found in a room with a dragon that you had to do battle with before you could complete the level. Each level was the same set up but with the lamps hidden in different rooms and all the witches and ogres and things that attacked you got more ferocious and zapped your energy quicker - got quite tricky. I would lose whole days of my life sitting playing this game - it was so addictive! I miss it!

Re: Black Lamp

Hi Golden Girl,

I didn't know this game but some further info and screen-shots to help you remember the fun you had can be found here:

Black Lamp for Atari ST - MobyGames
    Black Lamp - Atari ST Screenshots - MobyGames

Kind regards,

Richard

Comment

I owned Black Lamp on both my Spectrum 128K and My Amiga. It played well on both but, surprisingly, the music was a lot better on the Spectrum!

Comment

Loved this game. I was playing the Atari ST version. Fred Gray composed the excellent music and sounds in the game and the graphics at the time were gorgeous. A truly excellent platformer.
        01-811-8055 - Swap Shop

Comment

i never did play it but from the link below it looks and sounds good.

http://youtu.be/hy7We9CRk7I
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

black lamp was a bit like zelda games if i can remember only played it once but me being me i liked just haven a go just to say i played it
            THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Working...
            X