Reebok Pumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reebok Pumps

Just seen these on amazon and not sure if their orginal ones or did Reebok bring them back. I loved my pair I had but after 3 years one shoe got a puncture.

Re: Reebok Pumps

Yeah I remember those.

Never had a pair myself but I remember other people having them at school. I think they came out in around 1988 or 1989.
    My Youtube retro & new video game reviews, glitches, and more,

Comment

Originally posted by NostalgiaFreak View Post
      Yeah I remember those.

Never had a pair myself but I remember other people having them at school. I think they came out in around 1988 or 1989.
      I think that Pumps was the name though they would be classed as Trainers and you 'pumped up' the sides. I think that I can recall these about 1991/92 and if they were real Pumps we'd of known as you'd have been slated forever wearing Pumps as Trainers at my Schools!

Comment

Awesome trainers, Omni Lites being the best in my opinion.
        I have lots of pairs, so does my girlfriend.

Comment

Cor I so so wanted these for School - but wearing them for School ... would've equalled Detention for a fortnight at least!

Comment

Originally posted by NostalgiaFreak View Post
            Yeah I remember those.

Same here in about 1991 to 1993 in my case - I recall it vivdly to vividly well

Your school must've been a right soft place toa llow those is all I can imagine NostalgiaFreak, as I can recall story's of places a bit further away from where I lived (30 miles or so) that Kids had no choice but to risk them for PE - if they'd worn them to actual Sschool and hope they was'nt too damaged in PE, because they'd otherwise be nicked from the Changing Rooms sadly

80sChav

Comment

I was watching the Fork Handles sketch yet again, and of course there was the confusion between pumps (shoes) and foot pumps by the Two Ronnies.

When I think of those Pump shoes, I always think of the boys' changing room during PE for some reason.
              I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
              There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                I was watching the Fork Handles sketch yet again, and of course there was the confusion between pumps (shoes) and foot pumps by the Two Ronnies.

When I think of those Pump shoes, I always think of the boys' changing room during PE for some reason.
                True there is a difference yes George and I don't think the name "Pump" (in this instance gives Trainers Credit) or even justice - it is a bit of a daft name I'd say

Talking about Trainers compared to Pumps though - at Primary school in my day - if we'd called Rebook Pumps Pumps we'd of had the "Miky taken out of us for forever" (and in Year 7 and 8 at Secondary we only wore Pumps too I believe and it'd never be Trainers in thos years and sure not one Iota at all in Primary mate!

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by yelever View Post
                  Just seen these on amazon and not sure if their orginal ones or did Reebok bring them back. I loved my pair I had but after 3 years one shoe got a puncture.
                  Imagine the Kudos of wearing them for PE though Yelever as opposed to Trainers of them the time!??

I always recall a scene from Grange Hill in Series 14
                  5- where "Mrs Monroe say's to Alan from Year 9, someone has been colouring in your Plimsolls and take your feet off my desk and his mates said they'd probably be worth more than the desk

To think - even 27 years a-go how revoutionary Reebook Pumps was - this shows their longlivety like Predator Football boots and the like I think/am well tempted to say/want to say!

80sChav
                  Last edited by 80sChav; 30-07-2019, 22:46.

Comment

Working...
                  X