Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: heavy metal

Originally posted by Daz View Post
    Denise Dufort is Girlschool's drummer,never been much of a looker,I liked the bassist
    Maybe its me and i have athing for erm, not so pretty ladies, i always got stick for liking Sporty Spice.........but she is gorgeous and can sing, unlike the rest of them....

Comment

Yeah, I remember Dokken.

They did the song for the third A Nightmare on Elm Street movie. Great stuff.

Black Sabbath are the best though.

Comment

wasnt Dokken a part of the new wave of heavy metal in the late 70's early 80's

Comment

Originally posted by SynchPedro86 View Post
          Yeah, I remember Dokken.

They did the song for the third A Nightmare on Elm Street movie. Great stuff.

Black Sabbath are the best though.
          agreed up there with zep as 2 of my faves!
          I'm still rocking to this day, but the bands are a lot heavier and faster!
          sigpic

Comment

another old rocker coming in yes i rember dokken as well as vixen but does anyone here know of the group called the pink fairies they where around in the 70's and is the gruop now knowen as black sabbath.
            kernow bys vyken

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Helmet View Post
              Yes! I remember Vixen solely for the sexiness of that same guitarist
              Oh,you utter beasts!!

I'll wager that you also made your girlfriends insanely jealous by obstinately refusing to take down the Doro Peche and/or Lita Ford posters taped to your ceiling..

..or maybe that was just my boyfriend.

Can you clarify something for me?
              The patched denim jacket was also the sleeveless gilet-style thing worn over the heavily Patchoulied Leather,right?

Hmm...I thought Dio,Whitesnake and Megadeth were pretty rockin' back in the day.
              Steve Vai too,even if he was a bit of a show-off.
              'You are a child of the universe,no less than the trees and the stars,you have a right to be here'

Comment

Originally posted by daubers View Post
                another old rocker coming in yes i rember dokken as well as vixen but does anyone here know of the group called the pink fairies they where around in the 70's and is the gruop now knowen as black sabbath.
                nonsense..pink fairies were london based..sabbath are from Brum

Comment

Originally posted by ^Anjel^ View Post
                  Oh,you utter beasts!!

I'll wager that you also made your girlfriends insanely jealous by obstinately refusing to take down the Doro Peche and/or Lita Ford posters taped to your ceiliing..
                  Yep
                  and yes to the question too.

Comment

First got into metal in 79, when I was 12. motorhead, judas priest, black sabbath, et-al. Then in 80-81 along came a band called iron maiden and well, I've been into them for 26 odd years. yep, another old rocker LOL. Though recently, I must have matured somewhat ( turned 40) bought the kaiser chiefs album.....................oops! Worzel.

Comment

I'm an old rocker too.I still listen to some newer stuff but I prefer the old stuff,Thin Lizzy,Sabbath,Deep Purple ,etc.I'm in the process of converting all my vinyl collection into mp3 format.Its time consuming but I get to play all the old album's I've not listened to for years(all 72 of em)
                      Metallica did some good stuff too.

Comment

Originally posted by Oggy View Post
                        Since you been gone, Rainbow rocked, along with Judas Priest, Girlschool and ACDC
                        wont argue with that lol was june 1996 b4 i got to see ac/dc live in glasgow as one heck of a nite . was buzzin for bout a week after it .

Comment

Maiden - Sabbath - Motorhead

Thank you all for removing my ability to hear proparly.
                          Laugh and the world laughs with you.
                          But do it all the time and they will lock you away.
                          sigpic

Comment

Love to meet Metallica and INCUBUS !!

Comment

Vixen got back together this past Summer to tour but it never got off the ground because they couldn't get along.

Rainbow was great. I used to live down the street from Joe Lynn Turner, drove past his house every day on my way home from work. He was great friends with Eric Carr from Kiss. But I haven't seen Joe Lynn in a long time, don't even know if he stills lives there. He spends a lot of time overseas.

Comment

I was really into the thrash scene when it kicked off in the mid eighties. It was all such a good laugh, unlike some of the po faced nonsense kicked out these days.

Comment

Working...
                                X