Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: best live group ever

One of the best gigs i went to was Queen hot space tour at Leeds Elland Road during there slightly experimental period 1982. Support acts where Heart (just before they hit it big) Joan Jett and the blackhearts and (believe it or not) Teardrop explodes.

It will always be special to me!
    Without music, life is a journey through a desert.

A Queen gig with the late Freddie at his best would have been something...
    Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

There was only one freddie and no one can replace the voice Queen have lost. He was a great showman and exhibitionist.

I am lucky in a way as the next gig was at milton keynes and was later released on DVD with the same set and song layout.
    Without music, life is a journey through a desert.

Oh God this is a hard one.... Went to Donington purely to see WASP and was blown away. Suzi Quatro I think had to be one of the best and that was at a crappy venue on the Isle of Man one TT race week
    Mrs Oggy
    ~~~*~~~*~~~
    Count your friends amongst the stars....
    And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

just seen my best live band last week PRIMAL SCREAM absolutly rocked!!!!!! before them it was the happy mondays in dusseldorf!!!

Hi guys...

Wow some cool Bands you have seen, would have loved to have seen thats line up with Teardrop Explodes (love Julian Cope!) and my musical regret is not seeing Queen live, Kate Bush or the Jam at their prime...(was never a fan of the Style Council or China Crisis)..would also have paid lots to have seen T.Rex,Led Zeppelin and Alex Harvey live..oh and the Undertones with Fergal...lol

Moma..I too saw Wasp at Donnington way back in 1987..also went to Donnington 1988, 1990, 1991 and 1992.(saw many good rock Bands, you are right though, Wasps show was amazing.. remember linzi Drew tied Topless to the Rack with folk chucking Raw Meat at her? lol.. amazing show)...went to Reading Festival 1992 and them Milton Keynes in 1995 and Gig on the Green think it was 2000...

Ive seen many Bands thta impressed me live..some of the best were The Velvet underground in Edinburgh when they reformed, The Cult on the Electric Tour, Janes Addiction in the earlky 1990's, Julian Cope at Glasgow with an amazing performance, Marillion a good few times with Fish, Rush in Glasgow and in Michigan in the early 1990's..All About Eve about 8 times and the Mission about the same number..lol..Nirvana twivce in Edinburgh and at Reading, Teenage Fanclub a few times, Eugenius a few times...Motorhead 4 times in the past..still great...Hawkwing about 7 times in the past..the Cure in Edinburgh and at Wembley, Siouxsie and the Banshees in Edinburgh, the Damnes a good few times now, R.E.M. in Edinburgh, alice Cooper Twice, dio three times, mudhoney, L7, babes in toyland, hole, New mosel Army,Neds Atomic dustbin, all in Glasgow, Robert Plant in Edinburgh, Aerosmith twice (top band live) Iron Maiden about 7 times in the past, saxon!! (a hoot live!) Heart twice in Edinburgh. voice of the Beehive in Edinburgh..the Darling Buds and the Primitives in Edinburgh..Transvision Vamp.The White Stripes, the Strokes,Placebo, Metallica several times, Megadeth,Slayer.. and many others that I know ive forgotten just now!! lol.. most were good live some were spectacular!!!

Dont go to near the live shows i used to, in the 80's it was every two weeks at one point!! dont have the time or the money, let alone the transport! lol..but...listen to music all the time, everything from Kate Bush to Hard core Punk and most inbetween..all good depending on my mood..

all the best...id like to see Primal Scream too BMX and am ashamed to say never have seen the Jesus and Mary Chain although I hope to before either I die or they do!!!

Rab

Fife
    Scotland

Jam I'd have liked to have seen , still not seen Blondie or Duran Duran though, but went to an 8O's tour thingy, and saw some of my past faves Nick Heywood, he was with haircut 1OO he ace on stage, Heaven 17, Go West, Curiosity Killed the cat, T'Pau, Paul Young and one of my firts loves, Kim Wilde. seeing this brought back a lot of memories, and a sore throat, it was like an 8O's party but better.

i was at guilfest last year as a medic and i was nominated to be the pit crew for status quo , never before have i been so close to musical greatness , chas the bassist was having a laugh with me while they were playing rokin all over the world ...my best ever memory !!!!!!!

That's a kool memory, not sure if they qualify for greatness mind you, maybe for old age pensions.

Hi Oggy...

that 80's Tour Thing sounds good, my fav 80's Bands Chart wise would be Yazoo, Ultravox, some Human League, some Duran Duran, Kim wilde was lovely..lol..Big Country cause Stuart Adamson was so cool in the Skids (one of my fav bands! ooh..wish id seen them!!) liked Kirsy McColl (may she R.I.P.)The Icicle Works, Gary numan,Tenpole Tudor, Jona Lewie,Men At Work, Men without Hats, tracey Ullman and the first couple of Toyah Singles! lol..

Thats a great memory Steve, I love the Early Status Quo stuff like 'Ice In the Sun, Pictures of Matchstick Men' and the first Blues orientated Albums by them..id have been proud to have met them too mate..nice one..;0)

all the best....

Rab ;0)