best live group ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys...

Wow some cool Bands you have seen, would have loved to have seen thats line up with Teardrop Explodes (love Julian Cope!) and my musical regret is not seeing Queen live, Kate Bush or the Jam at their prime...(was never a fan of the Style Council or China Crisis)..would also have paid lots to have seen T.Rex,Led Zeppelin and Alex Harvey live..oh and the Undertones with Fergal...lol

Moma..I too saw Wasp at Donnington way back in 1987..also went to Donnington 1988, 1990, 1991 and 1992.(saw many good rock Bands, you are right though, Wasps show was amazing.. remember linzi Drew tied Topless to the Rack with folk chucking Raw Meat at her? lol.. amazing show)...went to Reading Festival 1992 and them Milton Keynes in 1995 and Gig on the Green think it was 2000...

Ive seen many Bands thta impressed me live..some of the best were The Velvet underground in Edinburgh when they reformed, The Cult on the Electric Tour, Janes Addiction in the earlky 1990's, Julian Cope at Glasgow with an amazing performance, Marillion a good few times with Fish, Rush in Glasgow and in Michigan in the early 1990's..All About Eve about 8 times and the Mission about the same number..lol..Nirvana twivce in Edinburgh and at Reading, Teenage Fanclub a few times, Eugenius a few times...Motorhead 4 times in the past..still great...Hawkwing about 7 times in the past..the Cure in Edinburgh and at Wembley, Siouxsie and the Banshees in Edinburgh, the Damnes a good few times now, R.E.M. in Edinburgh, alice Cooper Twice, dio three times, mudhoney, L7, babes in toyland, hole, New mosel Army,Neds Atomic dustbin, all in Glasgow, Robert Plant in Edinburgh, Aerosmith twice (top band live) Iron Maiden about 7 times in the past, saxon!! (a hoot live!) Heart twice in Edinburgh. voice of the Beehive in Edinburgh..the Darling Buds and the Primitives in Edinburgh..Transvision Vamp.The White Stripes, the Strokes,Placebo, Metallica several times, Megadeth,Slayer.. and many others that I know ive forgotten just now!! lol.. most were good live some were spectacular!!!

Dont go to near the live shows i used to, in the 80's it was every two weeks at one point!! dont have the time or the money, let alone the transport! lol..but...listen to music all the time, everything from Kate Bush to Hard core Punk and most inbetween..all good depending on my mood..

all the best...id like to see Primal Scream too BMX and am ashamed to say never have seen the Jesus and Mary Chain although I hope to before either I die or they do!!!

Rab

Fife
    Scotland

Comment

Jam I'd have liked to have seen , still not seen Blondie or Duran Duran though, but went to an 8O's tour thingy, and saw some of my past faves Nick Heywood, he was with haircut 1OO he ace on stage, Heaven 17, Go West, Curiosity Killed the cat, T'Pau, Paul Young and one of my firts loves, Kim Wilde. seeing this brought back a lot of memories, and a sore throat, it was like an 8O's party but better.

Comment

i was at guilfest last year as a medic and i was nominated to be the pit crew for status quo , never before have i been so close to musical greatness , chas the bassist was having a laugh with me while they were playing rokin all over the world ...my best ever memory !!!!!!!

Comment

That's a kool memory, not sure if they qualify for greatness mind you, maybe for old age pensions.

Comment

Hi Oggy...

that 80's Tour Thing sounds good, my fav 80's Bands Chart wise would be Yazoo, Ultravox, some Human League, some Duran Duran, Kim wilde was lovely..lol..Big Country cause Stuart Adamson was so cool in the Skids (one of my fav bands! ooh..wish id seen them!!) liked Kirsy McColl (may she R.I.P.)The Icicle Works, Gary numan,Tenpole Tudor, Jona Lewie,Men At Work, Men without Hats, tracey Ullman and the first couple of Toyah Singles! lol..

Thats a great memory Steve, I love the Early Status Quo stuff like 'Ice In the Sun, Pictures of Matchstick Men' and the first Blues orientated Albums by them..id have been proud to have met them too mate..nice one..;0)

all the best....

Rab ;0)

Comment

Hey dude,

Sounds all good matey, I know they did more of those tours, theres one next year with David cassidy, David Essex, Showaddywaddy and the Osmonds. But think Midge ure did one too, with Toyah and some others. Big Country rocked, were kool, as were the Skids, Stuarts death was a loss, Kirtsy McColl a loss, a beauty and great talent, loved the Icicle works, Men at Work all the best stuff, and coming up to xmas loved Jona Lewie's You'll always find me in the kitchen at parties'

Live long matey

Comment

One of my favourite concerts was at Stirling Castle. I was one of a handful of Sassa's in an audience that ranged in age from wee young uns of 7-8 to grannys of 78. The band were one of my all time favoutite bands that my ex hubby introduced me to.... a superb Scots band called 'Runrig'.
                To be stood in the esplanade at Stirling Castle listening to Donny Munroe singing 'Alba' in Gaelic was amazing. One day I will catch them again!
                sigpic
                Mrs Oggy
                ~~~*~~~*~~~
                Count your friends amongst the stars....
                And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

Re: best live group ever

pink floyd-1979
                  ac/dc 1974-1981
                  motley crue-1998
                  boston-1982
                  the who..live at hamden park 1977
                  rammstein-brixton academy 2008
                  rammstein-live cologne 2010

Comment

I have absolutely no idea as i haven't seen them all however after watching "Stop making sense" on a regular basis, i'd have loved to have seen Talking Heads live.
                    "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Prodigy, have seen them a number of times from 1995 up until last year. Every time an incredible show from start to finish, the best for stage presence, loudness, crowd interaction, just relentless for every single minute that they're on stage.

Comment

This really dates me, but I'd probably have to vote for French prog-rockers Ange at Guildford Civic Hall back in 76. I even managed to bootleg it on my little cassette recorder and it's still one of my most cherished music items. Was really into Euro-rock in my teens and that's possibly why I ended up marrying a French girl!

Comment

Originally posted by saxqueen View Post
                          For live gigs - I would say:

The Who either at Charlton 1974 or at Wembley 1979 and also Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band at Birmingham NEC 1980 or 81 - can't remember.
                          I was at the 1976 Who gig at Charlton, certainly a day to remember!

Comment

Best live band ive seen live is JAMES, the farewell concert at Wembley, ive seen them before and after, but that night was special as we believed it would be the last time to see them. The night was electric, thankfully for JAMES fans they returned after a few years and still give great nights. Also ive seen Steve Harley to many times to mention but the best night for me was at the Brook in Southampton about 4 or 5 years ago. It is a tight small venue but he and the band was fantastic, but what stuck out for me was hearing Death Trip live, a song personal to him and one he had not played live for many years. It was any Steve Harley fans WOW moment.
                            I also had a great night in Inverness watching The Proclaimers. ive seen them in England but i wanted to see them in Scotland, so we flew up on saturday morning, found a B & B, went to the concert in the evening, flew back to Bristol on sunday morning. All a bit mad but well worth the journey!
                            WHO'S THE TART?

Comment

Been to hundreds of gigs since about 1975 when i saw Status quo but the best live shows have to be.....

RAMMSTEIN (MUTTER TOUR)
                              RUSH (HEMISPHERES TOUR)
                              SYSTEM OF A DOWN (HYPNOTISE TOUR)
                              ACDC (HIGHWAY TO HELL TOUR)
                              Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Quite possible Pink Floyd at the "old" Wembley Stadium, 05/08/88
                                Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Working...
                                X