Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: best live group ever

Hey dude,

Sounds all good matey, I know they did more of those tours, theres one next year with David cassidy, David Essex, Showaddywaddy and the Osmonds. But think Midge ure did one too, with Toyah and some others. Big Country rocked, were kool, as were the Skids, Stuarts death was a loss, Kirtsy McColl a loss, a beauty and great talent, loved the Icicle works, Men at Work all the best stuff, and coming up to xmas loved Jona Lewie's You'll always find me in the kitchen at parties'

Live long matey

One of my favourite concerts was at Stirling Castle. I was one of a handful of Sassa's in an audience that ranged in age from wee young uns of 7-8 to grannys of 78. The band were one of my all time favoutite bands that my ex hubby introduced me to.... a superb Scots band called 'Runrig'.
    To be stood in the esplanade at Stirling Castle listening to Donny Munroe singing 'Alba' in Gaelic was amazing. One day I will catch them again!
    Mrs Oggy
    ~~~*~~~*~~~
    Count your friends amongst the stars....
    And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Default Re: best live group ever

pink floyd-1979
    ac/dc 1974-1981
    motley crue-1998
    boston-1982
    the who..live at hamden park 1977
    rammstein-brixton academy 2008
    rammstein-live cologne 2010

I have absolutely no idea as i haven't seen them all however after watching "Stop making sense" on a regular basis, i'd have loved to have seen Talking Heads live.
    "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Prodigy, have seen them a number of times from 1995 up until last year. Every time an incredible show from start to finish, the best for stage presence, loudness, crowd interaction, just relentless for every single minute that they're on stage.

This really dates me, but I'd probably have to vote for French prog-rockers Ange at Guildford Civic Hall back in 76. I even managed to bootleg it on my little cassette recorder and it's still one of my most cherished music items. Was really into Euro-rock in my teens and that's possibly why I ended up marrying a French girl!

Quote Originally Posted by saxqueen View Post
    For live gigs - I would say:

The Who either at Charlton 1974 or at Wembley 1979 and also Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band at Birmingham NEC 1980 or 81 - can't remember.
    I was at the 1976 Who gig at Charlton, certainly a day to remember!

Best live band ive seen live is JAMES, the farewell concert at Wembley, ive seen them before and after, but that night was special as we believed it would be the last time to see them. The night was electric, thankfully for JAMES fans they returned after a few years and still give great nights. Also ive seen Steve Harley to many times to mention but the best night for me was at the Brook in Southampton about 4 or 5 years ago. It is a tight small venue but he and the band was fantastic, but what stuck out for me was hearing Death Trip live, a song personal to him and one he had not played live for many years. It was any Steve Harley fans WOW moment.
    I also had a great night in Inverness watching The Proclaimers. ive seen them in England but i wanted to see them in Scotland, so we flew up on saturday morning, found a B & B, went to the concert in the evening, flew back to Bristol on sunday morning. All a bit mad but well worth the journey!
    WHO'S THE TART?

Been to hundreds of gigs since about 1975 when i saw Status quo but the best live shows have to be.....

RAMMSTEIN (MUTTER TOUR)
    RUSH (HEMISPHERES TOUR)
    SYSTEM OF A DOWN (HYPNOTISE TOUR)
    ACDC (HIGHWAY TO HELL TOUR)
    The meek shall inherit the earth

Quite possible Pink Floyd at the "old" Wembley Stadium, 05/08/88
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!