Strange 1970/80s psychedleic UK animation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange 1970/80s psychedleic UK animation

I am desperately trying to find a video of a short animation that used to be screened in the UK. It was always shown between programs running during the morning, i seem to remember seeing it when i was off sick from school (late 70s early 80s) and i think it was used to fill up time in the schedule. It was a very bright, weird, psychedelic affair with disco/classical music and a sinking city (!?) i think. Endless googling has returned nothing and i cant remember but i think it was shown on the BBC.
    Hope someone can help me.

Re: Strange 1970/80s psychedleic UK animation

Hi
    I've managed to find you this A - Z of BBC Trade Test Transmissions from the 6-'s and 70's - you might find your 'short' among them

405 Alive - Information - A to Z Index of BBC-2 Trade Test Colour Films
    Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
    <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

Re: Strange 1970/80s psychedelic UK animation

Hi, thanks for that. I can't seem to find it there. Most of the final transmission dates are too early and I don't think it was a 'trade' piece. Seemed like it was art for the sake of art, if you know what i mean. It was brought to mind when a friend showed me the 1979 'Autobahn' animation by Roger Mainwood but i cant seem to find anything or even get the google search strings close.

Comment

Re: Strange 1970/80s psychedelic UK animation

I just came across the answer to my own question by accident:

Comment

I don't remember the animation, but the music was used on a few things over the years.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I vaguely remember this. It was always played before/after a particular programme, I can't remember what programme it was.
            Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

This seems familiar but it's been a long time since I saw it on TV.

Comment

cool tune.

Comment

Originally posted by marc View Post
                  I vaguely remember this. It was always played before/after a particular programme, I can't remember what programme it was.
                  The music was used as the theme tune to Hospital Watch in the 90s. Other than that it was shown on TOTP quite a few times.

Comment

Working...
                  X