Tetley Bitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tetley Bitter

The one I'm thinking of was on in the early 70s. It featured a man at the bar drinking a pint of Tetley bitter. He spots a good-looking lady heading towards him - bit of eye contact - but, as she gets near him, he just picks up his pint and carries on drinking. Tetley Bitter Men - if you can't beat 'em. The last advertisement was done using the slogan Smoothly Does It, featuring a man in his twenties, usually coming up with an unusual yet successful solution to a common problem. Perhaps the most repeated advert featured the man in question on a crowded beach seeing a bar at the other end advertising Tetley's. The man then threw a stick towards the bar, attracting a wet dog to run across the beach to the bar, parting the crowd to allow him through.

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Tetley Bitter

I remember the Tetley advert with the guy at the bar when a woman across the room stands and walks towards him. The bar is quite full if memory serves me right and she is wearing a white polo neck jumper. The Tetley Bitterman music builds up in the background while she walks towards him and past him while he takes a swig of his drink. A real man .

I would love to see that advert again, it's one of my favourites. Wouldn't mind a copy of the music as well. Do you know where I could find either?

Take it easy,

Tracker

Comment

Does anyone know the name of the actor in the Tetley Mild advert circa 1981 who says "Ready when you are, Bob"?

Comment

Didn't the late Jim Bowen appear in the Tetley adverts, or am I confusing them with the John Smith's bitter ones.

No, I am not confusing Tetley Bitter with Tetley tea bags, but the irony was that Brian Glover also voiced the bitter adverts, didn't he? For a short time anyway.
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Who remembers party seven, 7 pints of beer in one tin ?...Watneys i think, it tasted like nat pee and was flat as a ironing board within 5 minutes
          Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by remember View Post
            The one I'm thinking of was on in the early 70s. It featured a man at the bar drinking a pint of Tetley bitter. He spots a good-looking lady heading towards him - bit of eye contact - but, as she gets near him, he just picks up his pint and carries on drinking. Tetley Bitter Men - if you can't beat 'em. The last advertisement was done using the slogan Smoothly Does It, featuring a man in his twenties, usually coming up with an unusual yet successful solution to a common problem. Perhaps the most repeated advert featured the man in question on a crowded beach seeing a bar at the other end advertising Tetley's. The man then threw a stick towards the bar, attracting a wet dog to run across the beach to the bar, parting the crowd to allow him through.

More...
            My boss is the guy who is the actor in the tetley adverts. His name is shaun Cranston

Comment

I am certain that Philip "Des Barnes" Middlemiss appeared in a Tetley Bitter advert in the late 1980s just before he joined Coronation Street - I saw a 1988 ad break a few years ago, which had Tetley Bitter advert on, and it featured a party at someone's house and a policewoman comes to the door saying there have been some burglaries in the area, and the Middlemiss character thought she was a strippergram or a kissagram or something like that - and someone in a gorilla costume also appears as well.

Another one from around that time was that "thank you very much, Doctor" - "Doctor?" - "Sorry, I thought you meant Docker" one set in a pub. And those 1990s ones which had "smoothley,[sic] gentley ,[sic] Tetley" in them.
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by lea007 View Post
                My boss is the guy who is the actor in the tetley adverts. His name is shaun Cranston
                Really?..does he still act?...any relation to Bryan cranston of breaking bad fame?

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                  Who remembers party seven, 7 pints of beer in one tin ?...Watneys i think, it tasted like nat pee and was flat as a ironing board within 5 minutes
                  Only those who remained sober could remember it.
                  I'm having so much fun
                  My lucky number's one
                  Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                    Only those who remained sober could remember it.
                    So weak you would have to supp all seven pints to induce amnesia

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                      Really?..does he still act?...any relation to Bryan cranston of breaking bad fame?
                      Does he have an IMDB page?
                      I'm having so much fun
                      My lucky number's one
                      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                      X