Captain Manure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Manure

Does anyone else remember an animated film with this title, possibly from the late seventies or early eighties? It was supposedly a serious piece of work (possibly allegorical) but all I can really remember is the tyranical captain rampaging around and exclaiming "Shxt & Bugger!" whenever he was thwarted. Tried Google to no effect, and get some very worried looks when I ask anyone...
    Still crazy after all these years.

Re: Captain Manure

Can you remember anything else about it? was it British?
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Hi. Thanks for replying. 'Fraid I can't really remember much more about it, but I seem to think it was European (maybe East European) and dubbed into English. Seems an eternity ago now.

Comment

I dont know if this what you are thinking of, I found a play here Irish Playography that features a Captain Manure. It is based on a play called Ubu Roi which had a film made of it in 1976 Ubu roi (1976) (TV).
        The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Have a look at this. The Captain is "McNure" ???

YouTube - Ubu and the Great Gidouille : by Jan Lenica
          Heather

Comment

Thanks very much indeed guys, I think you've virtually cracked it. The YouTube clip looks quite familiar in style, and I reckon the "Captain Manure" programme I remember (albeit dimly) was either the next episode or some kind of spin-off. I reckon I was about 13 at the time, and I distinctly remember me and my mates exclaiming "Shxt-and-bugger!" every time something went wrong. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
            X