Embarrassing Gigs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embarrassing Gigs

Ok, so we've had memorable gigs and so on, but what is the most embarrassing gig that you have ever been to that you will admit to (come on, we are all friends here!). Showing what a big eejit I am, and of course, that I'm game for a laugh, I'll go....

New Kids On The Block, Wembley, in about 1989 I think.....

Next!

Neil Diamond at the NEC, we were given free tickets!!!!
    No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

Suzi Quatro '87 - I got a shiner about 10 feet from her.
      Brendan Grace,(Irish comedian ) late 80s - the audience kept buying him pints of Guinness to see him drink them in 10 seconds. It was like being at the zoo.
      Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

Cliff Richard, went with the whole family, Dad still has not forgiven Mum!

Comment

five star(my first girlfreind liked them)dont belive that i've i just put that down
          gone to put myself down
          kernow bys vyken

Comment

embarassing gigs

Iwent with my wife to see David Essex as none of her pals fancied going.As she liked him in the 70's I went along thinking that no one I knew would be there. Big mistake as one of the first people I saw was a workmates wife who told her husband and for ages I got choruses of hold me close or gonna make you a star at work.I am still reminded of this and it was 14 years ago.

Comment

embarrassing gigs

ok, i own up, went to see bucks fizz back in 1981, mind you it's forgivable as i was only 15 at the time and went with my schoolfriends, got their autographs too backstage.

Comment

Embarrassing Gigs

Not so much as embarrassing but I can remember going to see Robert Fripp and Brian Eno at the Assembly Halls in Tunbridge Wells on Saturday 7th of June 1974.It was billed as the Superstar Show and there were only going to be the 2 shows, Tunbridge Wells followed by the London Palladium on Sunday evening.
                Some people had come as far as Scotland as it was only the 2 shows.
                Well first the Band came on very late, then their equipment broke down and by the time someone came down from London to fix it the time was getting quite late.
                When they did start which was about 10.30pm,most of the music was on a reel to reel tape deck.........and you guessed it most people started to walk out and demanded their money back......... A right **** up of an evening.
                I still have the flyer for the show...... I will remember it well !

the_blue_newt
                F.A Health Warning
                Supporting Manchester City can seriously damage your health
                ''City Till I Die!''

Comment

lololol i don't know if anyone is ever truly ready to admit going to see Barry Manilow but now it's out there lol. I went with my mum and although I would die before admitting it to anyone who knew me at the time it was actually quite a good show. Of course, the only reason I went was to support my mum's habit lololol, pity I can't say the same for Shakin' Stevens!!

Comment

Had free tickets to see Bert Kampfert's orchestra in Derby Assembly Rooms, two years ago.
                    Saw Status Quo last year at Nottingham Royal Centre.
                    Mike Harding at Nottingham Royal Centre when I was aged 16/17 (late 1980's). Got grounded for going out without permission.
                    Van_Whistler (too young to understand - old enough to know better)

Comment

Originally posted by Jaydee
                      lololol i don't know if anyone is ever truly ready to admit going to see Barry Manilow but now it's out there lol. I went with my mum and although I would die before admitting it to anyone who knew me at the time it was actually quite a good show. Of course, the only reason I went was to support my mum's habit lololol, pity I can't say the same for Shakin' Stevens!!
                      I'm right up there with ya.

I went with my fiances MUm becuase one of their party backed out.

Shhhhhhh - very embarassing.

Comment

I saw Tom Jones. I secretly enjoyed it.

Nostalgia, you know?
                        ------------------------------

Listen to Always Love (Album Version) by Nada Surf : http://www.napster.com/player/tracks/16272507

Comment

Chris de Burgh when he played in Exeter in about 1989. My parents made me go. I liked death metal at the time, and having to endure The Lady in Red live made me want to rip of de Burgh's skin and wear it as a warning to mediocre crooners.
                          The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
                          Marcel Proust

Comment

Jason Donovan around 1989/1990.I still can't understand why I went.

Comment

I saw Chris live at a festival in the early '90s - he was accompanied by a lady, not so much in red as topless ! We lads couldn't believe our luck, it made the papers the next day !
                              Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

Working...
                              X