The Bay City Rollers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Bay City Rollers

Bit before my time so i never really understood the hype...the lead singer came out as gay a couple of years ago too for those that didnt know...

Comment

They were described as the Jedward of the '70s lately - a bit harsh, the Rollers' stuff was catchy & original and they performed it well. Yes, it's a shame about Les, he was on Podge'n'Rodge here lately, came across as a nice guy who made mistakes.
      My older sister loved them, which the 10-year-old me couldn't understand ( having a crush on Disappearing Trix in the Buster, as I did, seemed to make more sense... ).

Comment

Its always a shame to see one time popular bands struggle to deal with the aftermath of fame or try to rekindle the glory days of the bands hey days...I think 99% of boybands all wish they could relive their popularity and almost all have had some bad luck....east17,boyzone,NKOTB, bucks fizz etc

Comment

While I apologise for dragging such an old thread kicking and screaming back into the daylight, it is lovely to share memories with like minded people! I adored the Rollers, and had so many posters in my bedroom that they were creeping onto the ceiling and would regularly fall on my face in the night. I had a huge crush on Eric Faulkner, and tried to wear my hair like his, along with the cut off Oxford bags with tartan trim, a BCR tee-shirt, stripy socks, sneakers (I wasn't allowed platforms!) and the mandatory tartan scarf tied around my wrist! I had all their albums and singles - I used to buy the singles from the local Martins the Newsagents for 25p each! - and I really did love their music. I still have a sneaky listen now and again, and I still don't think it's bad.
          We don't stop playing because we get old. We get old because we stop playing.

Comment

Who remembers their fans chant?

B-A-Y

B-A-Y

With a double 'R' & a double 'S'

Bay City Rollers are the best

How sad is that? lol
            sigpic
            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Anyone remember their ITV series from 1975, Shang-a-lang? The band did songs and short skits before a very loud audience of mainly female teenyboppers. There may also have been a filmed serial shown each week of the band's adventures.

Comment

Wasn't there a regular guest on the "Shang-A-Lang" show called "Big Jim" who would come on and show you tips and tricks on playing the guitar. Think this was their token guest for any guy fans who aspired to be playing in a pop band.
                I think Big Jim whoever he was, was an estsblished name in the music scene that older viewers may have know.

Comment

Working...
                X