Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Bay City Rollers

Default Re: The Bay City Rollers

Quote Originally Posted by miss grazelda View Post
    Hi, did you used to wear your scarf alot? i used to wear my jumper, wish now that i kept it, i used to like Eric as well
    Yes I used to wear my tartan scarf, oxford bags and skinny tight jumper with my huge platforms all the time!

'Dreams come true if you want them to'

I came across a Yellow "silk" Rollers scarf with the band name printed and pictures of the band. Does anyone know when this might date from and how much it's worth (if anything)?

Smile Re: The Bay City Rollers

YouTube - Bay City Rollers - Shang-A-Lang

Hello!
    this is my fave sound of there's

I go to a Karaoke night at a pub in Bethnal Green, East London. One week I could not be bothered going and I got a text from my mate saying that Les McKewan was there! Growing up in Glasgow in the mid-70s, BCR were a part of our lives...even if they were ****! Anyway I jumped in my car and drove down there like a bat outa hell, but I'd just missed him! I was gutted, but sang "Give a Little Love" on the karaoke as a tribute to a Scottish pop icon!

Quote Originally Posted by kazboot View Post
    I used to have a tartan scarf!
    Derek ( the blonde one) was my fave.

Ronnie is les's brother he used to come to the scarp yard where i worked at the time i found out on the Scottish news that Alan Longmuir is allegedly a paedophile ,
    such a shame they where so funny couldn't play for nowt but they could sing.

Bit before my time so i never really understood the hype...the lead singer came out as gay a couple of years ago too for those that didnt know...

They were described as the Jedward of the '70s lately - a bit harsh, the Rollers' stuff was catchy & original and they performed it well. Yes, it's a shame about Les, he was on Podge'n'Rodge here lately, came across as a nice guy who made mistakes.
    My older sister loved them, which the 10-year-old me couldn't understand ( having a crush on Disappearing Trix in the Buster, as I did, seemed to make more sense... ).

Its always a shame to see one time popular bands struggle to deal with the aftermath of fame or try to rekindle the glory days of the bands hey days...I think 99% of boybands all wish they could relive their popularity and almost all have had some bad luck....east17,boyzone,NKOTB, bucks fizz etc

While I apologise for dragging such an old thread kicking and screaming back into the daylight, it is lovely to share memories with like minded people! I adored the Rollers, and had so many posters in my bedroom that they were creeping onto the ceiling and would regularly fall on my face in the night. I had a huge crush on Eric Faulkner, and tried to wear my hair like his, along with the cut off Oxford bags with tartan trim, a BCR tee-shirt, stripy socks, sneakers (I wasn't allowed platforms!) and the mandatory tartan scarf tied around my wrist! I had all their albums and singles - I used to buy the singles from the local Martins the Newsagents for 25p each! - and I really did love their music. I still have a sneaky listen now and again, and I still don't think it's bad.
    We don't stop playing because we get old. We get old because we stop playing.

Who remembers their fans chant?

B-A-Y

B-A-Y

With a double 'R' & a double 'S'

Bay City Rollers are the best

How sad is that? lol

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.