Skywhales (1984)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skywhales (1984)

Who can remember seeing Skywhales? It was a supporting feature to 1984 and was a sci-fi/fantasy animation. It was set on some alien planet involving a family of cute, sweet, benevolent aliens who looked like they had been drawn by Dr Seuss, and the ageing head of the household turns bad and is transformed into a Skywhale which will later be hunted by the rest of the alien tribe, killed and eaten. Yes...I know...very existential!

Re: Skywhales (1984)

got me flummoxed there SM !!

sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

I remember it. I'd been trying to find out what it was called ever since I turned on the TV halfway through it, and only found out last week!

You can see it on YouTube.

Comment

This cartoon has been bugging me for years.So it was called skywhales.This cartoon was a bit of an odd one,odd enough to stick clearly in my memory for years dispite only seeing it once back in the early 80's.For some strange reason I had the urge to try to find it online and came across a good quality one on u-tube along with some low grade copys the other night.The problem was remembering what it was called and it took nearly the whole day in research to find it.In my mind it seemed to have been a product of the 70's,but it was little more then the Roger Dean style artwork in places that gave it that impression and feel.Mind playing tricks again,not good.

Sorry about reviving an old thread,but I am glad to see that I am not the only person to remember this cartoon.

Comment

Working...
        X