Hey Look That's Me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Look That's Me!

This was a kiddie's show constructed to inspire kids to take up hobbies/interests and it featured several of these in each show. It had a very original format, if a little bizarre, as it involved the young male presenter cross-dressing as an angry camp old lady! He toured around England on his bicycle which was towing a minature pink caravan, which was shorter than his bike (it gets worse!). The show usually began with the presenter sitting inside this 'caravan', which was very Tardis-esque! He'd be having his breakfast and telling the viewers where he was off to and what he'd be doing. All the while, hot on his trail was his female alter-ego who had a grudge against him and his pink caravan! It didn't get a second series... wonder why.

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Hey Look That's Me!

Yes, I remember this! It was about 1978 and the presenter was Chris Harris. It was a regional programme for the South of England as far as I recall. One of the reasons for the cross dressing was that Chris was also a regular Pantomime Dame. The theme was very jaunty...

"Hey look, that's me!
    Doin' what I wanna do,
    Being what I wanna be,
    Any time I wanna...

I can be a star,
    Drive a racing car,
    (something) as far as you can see,

Hey look, that me!"

Well, that's from memory

Comment

My Dad built the pink caravan, i dont think it exists anymore, am trying to source some of the series for those interested

Lord M Spencer

Comment

for those who dont remember it

Heather

Comment

Heather

Comment

hi heather.
            thanks for reminding what this show was.
            id forgot all about it.
            one i can remember watching.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Fabulous clips, Huggie. It really was quite a good show, wasn't it.

Comment

it really is quite good.
                its great that somethiong likepuppets can be so entertaining.

The series, first shown in the 70's was first broadcast on bbc South and subsequently shown across the network.

never knew uit was originally shown in the seventies.
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

What a marvelous show! I love the "Ole Bill" bus (LGOC B-Type) pedal car! Wish we had shows like that, even back then, which is surprising as American TV often copies British television.

Comment

I thought the opening poster meant it was him presenting the show to begin with!
                    "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Hi I was in that clip, Great day out, been after a clip for years even contacted the BBC but they said all clips, shows had been destroyed. Thanks

Comment

Hi I remember an episode I think it was 79/80 in the snow in Southampton my brother was in it and I always wondered if it was possible to find it, probably not but I would be very interested in any episodes, I loved it 😊👍

Comment

Working...
                        X