Twin Peaks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin Peaks?

I'm a massive Twin Peaks fan, brilliant slice of the early 90's!
    Any other fans here?

Re: Twin Peaks?

Yes! Just finished watching the whole series (again ). Always feel a tug of sadness when it ends, it's like visiting old friends you might never see again. It would be nice if DL could be persuaded to do a follow up film for the 25th anniversary ("I'll see you again in 25 years") but I hear he's against it.
    Last edited by ClaudineJones; 23-02-2009, 12:03.

Comment

Wow i know just what you meen when you say you feel a tug of sadness when it ends, i'm the same!
      The ending is amazing, i'm pretty happy with it, better tohave quality over quantity which is what i'd be worried about if they started making them again.

Comment

Kept doing this wrong but i think i've got it now:
        Twin peaks t-shirt .. I killed Laura Palmer remember these? I used to have one when i was much younger, I didnt even really get it, but it made a cool alternative to "i shot JR" t-shirts etc!

Comment

Glad somebody made a Twin Peaks thread because I have just finished watching both seasons and Fire Walk With Me for the first time and all I can say is.....wow. Seriously, I had heard bits and pieces about this show through the years but finally decided to pick it up without actually seeing any of it beforehand and it totally blew me away. This show, keep in mind from the early 90's, honestly blows most of the stuff on TV today out of the water.

From the pilot I was totally hooked. Weird in every sense of the word, cheesy, funny and totally bewildering with a brilliant cast of characters, what a brilliant slice of 90's nostalgia!

I can honestly say that the final episode freaked me out but I was actually quite sad when it came to an end. I even enjoyed the Fire Walk With Me prequel movie, it was great seeing most of the great characters together again. I honestly can't stress how much I enjoyed this show, what a damn good slice of pie!

Comment

Is it out on DVD? I must get a copy

Comment

Have seen a Gold Box edition for sale? any good? I'd rather buy it complete instead of season by season

Comment

It is indeed, Sixtyten. Both seasons are available to buy separately or you can buy the gold edition which is both seasons plus all kinds of other goodies, documentaries and interviews I take it.

Fire Walk With Me can be picked up for small change and serves as a nice little add-on to the series itself. The only issue I had with the DVDs of the actual series was that I would have really liked more interviews, some great cast members were missing, perhaps they were unavailable at the time or something.

Comment

I was a little young for this but I remember it being talked about at secondary school a lot.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Me too Richard, I would have been an infant when Twin Peaks first aired so I don't remember anything about it at all. I have to say though, one of the appealing things about the show for me is the early 90's vibe it really gives off. I can't stress how much I love this show. If anybody else here has memories of Twin Peaks when it actually first aired I would love to hear them.

Comment

I watched the first episode, was completely unimpressed so didn't watch any more. Lol.
                      "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Think I did the same, which is strange, as I liked David Lynch's stuff up to that point.
                        Willing to give it another watch though, as at the time it was shown, I was more interested in pubs & gigs. I have seen Fire Walk with me though, that was "odd'

Comment

David Lynch is odd per se

Well, his work is. I've never met the man.
                          "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

I agree with you on Fire Walk With Me Sixtyten, I do think it's a good film but the scene featuring David Bowie had me totally confused and served as the film's main talking point for me. I actually did a search on the internet after watching it just so I could work out what was going on! I think that scene in particular is typical David Lynch stuff.

Comment

Eraserhead is one of my faves, so I can deal with Lynch being 'Odd'. Maybe Twin Peaks was just too hyped at the time?
                              I also just checked the transmission dates..I could have sworn it was on in the late 80's, but I was wrong

Comment

Working...
                              X